Old July 7th 09, 05:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Habana, did they discontinue the English service?

Scanning the last several nights, Cubans are not transmitting in
English anywhere (6000, 6060, 6140) etc during the times they are
supposed to. Did they can the English services? It's only in Spanish
now at 0452 utc and has been that way for several nights now.
Old July 7th 09, 08:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 6, 9:52*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
Scanning the last several nights, Cubans are not transmitting in
English anywhere (6000, 6060, 6140) etc during the times they are
supposed to. Did they can the English services? It's only in Spanish
now at 0452 utc and has been that way for several nights now.

http://www.radiohc.org/Distributions/freqtable.html
I haven't been listening to my marching order from El Presidente
lately, but according to the schedule, they still have English
broadcasts.

For the record, I don't think I even caught RHC in a lie. They slant
the news of course, but nothing untrue. In fact, Fox News should be so
honest.
Old July 7th 09, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
SC Dxing wrote:
Scanning the last several nights, Cubans are not transmitting in
English anywhere (6000, 6060, 6140) etc during the times they are
supposed to. Did they can the English services? It's only in Spanish
now at 0452 utc and has been that way for several nights now.

Glenn Hauser, on World of Radio last week, reported that RHC has shifted
a bit of their schedule for broadcasts about the situation in Honduras.

Mark Zenier

Old July 8th 09, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 7, 12:48*am, " wrote:
On Jul 6, 9:52*pm, SC Dxing wrote:

Scanning the last several nights, Cubans are not transmitting in
English anywhere (6000, 6060, 6140) etc during the times they are
supposed to. Did they can the English services? It's only in Spanish
now at 0452 utc and has been that way for several nights now.

http://www.radiohc.org/Distributions/freqtable.html
I haven't been listening to my marching order from El Presidente
lately, but according to the schedule, they still have English
broadcasts.

For the record, I don't think I even caught RHC in a lie. They slant
the news of course, but nothing untrue. In fact, Fox News should be so
honest.

Considering how radical the views of RHC are, it wasn't often that I
found them in outright lies. On one occasion though, probably within
the last decade, when they were receiving heat for jailing their
dissidents, one commentator (no way to remember who) said that Cuba
didn't have political prisoners but the US did. Yes that would be a
lie.
Old July 8th 09, 08:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 7, 4:32*pm, goma wrote:
On Jul 7, 12:48*am, " wrote:

On Jul 6, 9:52*pm, SC Dxing wrote:

[...]

Once in a while you learn some interesting truthiness from RHC. You
may recall Cuba cut the electricity to US Embassy in Cuba. [It's not
really an Embassy since we don't have relations with Cuba. Rather, it
is a diplomatic mission, but you get the idea..] On the surface, that
sounded kind of nasty. However, RHC mentioned they had photos of the
electric billboard outside the embassy that had some nasty stuff about
El Presidente.

The US has a few political prisoners, but I suspect Cuba has more.
http://www.donsiegelman.com/
http://www.freemumia.org/

Old July 8th 09, 09:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 7, 11:16*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
I found them on 6010 at 500utc last night and 6140 did also switch to
English at that time. But they have really cut back on the English
service.

I was hoping after reading this thread, that
the mystery would be solved. I thought I was
just missing them (the english transmissions).

I still, to this day, get literature (propaganda)
from them. I wonder if they have a "do not mail
list." ;-)

Old July 8th 09, 11:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bushcraftgregg wrote:

On Jul 7, 11:16 pm, SC Dxing wrote:
I found them on 6010 at 500utc last night and 6140 did also switch to
English at that time. But they have really cut back on the English
service.

I was hoping after reading this thread, that
the mystery would be solved. I thought I was
just missing them (the english transmissions).

I still, to this day, get literature (propaganda)
from them. I wonder if they have a "do not mail
list." ;-)

They may have cut back on English to devote more transmitter time to Spanish
due to the *crisis* in Honduras.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 8th 09, 02:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.habanasmokes.com/location.php

JT and Dave www.supertalkms.com
really do brag about that Habana Smoke Shoppe.They have a real fancy
smoking room in there where people can sit and smoke their seegars and
watch wide screen teevee.
cuhulin

Old July 9th 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

North Korea Behind Sweeping Cyberattack of White House, Pentagon, Wall
Street.
www.standeyo.com/index1.html
cuhulin