Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 5th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Ed is offline

Default cutting end slots in aluminum tubing

Just received my order of telescoping aluminum tubing rods from Texas
Towers. Sizes range from 1" OD to smaller and all 6 feet long. I plan on
using them as a collapsible verticle on the motor home. Before I start
hack-sawing away on the ends to cut slots around which I will place my hose
clamps, does anyone here have any particular tips or techniques to do
this? I figure I'd just cut two slots with a hacksaw about 1" or so deep.
If there's a better suggestion, I'd like to hear it before wacking away on
my expensive tubes.

Ed

Aluminum tubing for vertical antenna Hank Zoeller Antenna 21 July 29th 06 08:38 PM
Looking for aluminum tubing/rod in DC/MD area [email protected] Antenna 8 February 25th 06 02:03 PM
AM Number stations on big-power SW broadcaster slots [email protected] Shortwave 1 January 30th 06 04:24 PM
Aluminum tubing? Allan Butler Antenna 49 October 14th 05 07:34 AM
Cutting your own Airy R. Bean General 0 October 10th 03 09:47 AM