Old August 8th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Indication new knowledge could have an impact on future antennas ...

"John Smith I" wrote in message
Mike Kaliski wrote:

So you tie an antenna wire to a gecko and get it to run up the nearest

tall
object? :-)

Mike G0ULI

Yanno? Come to think of it, if they really do have a crashed alien
craft or two, and are reverse engineering 'em, you'd just have to expect
something like this to develop somewhere at sometime; wouldn't ya? grin

Regards,
JS

Nah, the old methods are the best.
1. Attach antenna wire to gecko.
2. Get your gecko to climb as high as needed.
3. Key up with a kilowatt.
4. Antenna is now secured with lossy carbon resistor for a lovely wide
bandwidth.
Simple.

Geckos have had sticky but dirt resistant feet for millennia. There was an
announcement over a year ago that some new plastic compound had been
developed to duplicate the effect. It all relies on the attraction between
closely spaced molecules. I guess someone needed to find a method of peeling
it off after it had stuck firmly. Applying an electromagnetic field in the
correct manner would break the atomic level attraction between the
materials. Don't know how the geckos do it though. Maybe they have a charge
generator like an electric eel?

Mike G0ULI

Old August 8th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Mike Kaliski wrote:

Mike G0ULI

Well, I guess it is possible--the aliens could be stealing our
technology; in much the same way as, we collect artifacts of primitive
cultures ...

Regards,
JS

Old August 8th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith I wrote:

QUIT PULLING RICHARD! I FEEL MY ONE LEG, YOU ARE PULLING, GETTING
LONGER ALREADY. :-)

Regards,
JS

Darn, I always forget something. Air, being a fluid, exerts a similar
action also; and, although to a lesser extent, is a factor also ... for
the "purists."

Regards,
JS
Old August 8th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In article ,
Mike Kaliski michael.kaliski(remove wrote:

Nah, the old methods are the best.
1. Attach antenna wire to gecko.
2. Get your gecko to climb as high as needed.
3. Key up with a kilowatt.
4. Antenna is now secured with lossy carbon resistor for a lovely wide
bandwidth.

Is that... roasted newt?!?!?

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Old August 8th 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:24:21 -0700, John Smith I
wrote:

While the Casimir Effect may, or may not, relate to this phenomenon in
some esoteric and abstract way--I rather doubt it! silly grin

I've seen that silly grin before my strikers went to the rail to feed
the fish.

"Esoteric and abstract" is in the nano-tech embroidery added to a
common occurrence. Simply put, if you cannot explain the Casimir
effect (I note you appeal to others through links) in terms other than
mine of energy and wavelength; then your rejection is a wan flick from
an effete wrist.

From someone who has worked before the mast:
http://home.comcast.net/~kb7qhc/antennas/navy/Mast.JPG
(some may note that this post even adds value for examples of
antennas!)

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Old August 8th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Clark wrote:

From someone who has worked before the mast:
http://home.comcast.net/~kb7qhc/antennas/navy/Mast.JPG
(some may note that this post even adds value for examples of
antennas!)

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Aye, aye Captain; it is Moby Dick we pursue--to the ends of the earth,
and Davey Jones Locker, if necessary!
silly grin wiped clean, replaced by straight face

Regards,
JS

Antennas future art Antenna 2 March 22nd 07 05:53 PM
Stealing Knowledge ! Al Patrick Shortwave 17 August 16th 04 01:01 PM
The impact of the abolishment of CW in France garigue Policy 1 May 17th 04 05:29 AM
FT-100D question: Is ALC a good indication of modulation? VHFRadioBuff Equipment 2 October 12th 03 10:02 AM
FT-100D question: Is ALC a good indication of modulation? VHFRadioBuff Equipment 0 October 10th 03 11:40 AM