Old October 10th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag

Default Receiving 2 GHz AM signals in space. What do they sound like?

oriel36 wrote:
"'Scientific people,' proceeded the Time Traveller, after the pause
required for the proper assimilation of this, 'know very well that
Time is only a kind of Space. "

I agree. I think time, like universal expansion,
is an illusion akin to a religion. I tend to agree
with Julian Barbour in, "The End Of Time".

What we experience as a "passing-of-time event",
is only a change whose probability function has
collapsed. The past is *where* (not when) all
probability functions have collapsed. The future
is *where* (not when) no probability functions have
collapsed. Time, after all, is only a physical
dimensional *change* in the rotation of the earth
and/or in earth's orbit around the sun.

IMO, time is no more real than the Sun-God riding
his chariot across the sky every day. Any equation
that contains a time term needs to take that into
account.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old October 10th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag

Cecil Moore wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
"'Scientific people,' proceeded the Time Traveller, after the pause
required for the proper assimilation of this, 'know very well that
Time is only a kind of Space. "

IMO, time is no more real than the Sun-God riding
his chariot across the sky every day. Any equation
that contains a time term needs to take that into
account.

Of course this is all true. However, to primitive earthlings viewing
the daily progress of the sun across the sky the chariot theory is
perfectly sane and real. That IS how it appears to the earth observer.
Same for time.

For argument assume that all possible events and actions and the
progression between them all is laid out in some huge matrix. In that
sense all this structure is only "a kind of space". Now imagine a
consciousness that has a certain velocity and is capable of
experiencing the matrix in a very narrow viewpoint much as a needle
plays a phonograph record. That needle has followed a certain path up
to the point where it presently is. That path is fixed and
unalterable. What it did, it did! Where the needle is right now is in
fact, experienced as 'now". But the path that the needle might take is
open to choice (free will) and that new path would be termed the
future. The needle doesn't skip around so choices DO have consequences
of things you must "go through" if you choose a certain "path".

If you take flatland to the next level, what you observe is that
higher dimensions manifest themselves in the lower dimensions as time!
So if you were to take a viewpoint high above the matrix observing a
consciousness inscribing it's path through life, to you you'd see all
"parallel universes" plus the past that was taken, plus what was being
experienced "now" as well as the possible choices for the future.
Given some input, you probably could even estimate the most probable
future path to be chosen.

But of course none of this answers the most important question which
is what do 2 GHz AM signals in space sound like? I believe the answer
is that they sound just like the Venusian signals Adamski received
from the beamships right before they appeared!

Old October 10th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:
IMO, time is no more real than the Sun-God riding
his chariot across the sky every day.

And as real as the sweep of an electron beam across a CRT.

Any equation
that contains a time term needs to take that into
account.

Can you provide an example of how that would be done?

ac6xg

Old October 11th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag

On 10 Oct, 21:11, Cecil Moore wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
[...]

I see billions of dollars will be spent on investigating 'dark matter'
and 'dark energy' and that scam takes some doing but it pales in
comparison to the original imaginative junk of Newton/Flamsteed.

You have all the self-assurances of somebody who truly believes in
what would normally be harmless nonsense but unfortunately the same
people who believe in the junk are commenting on climate as 'experts'.

Old October 11th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag

oriel36 wrote:
You have all the self-assurances of somebody who truly believes in
what would normally be harmless nonsense but unfortunately the same
people who believe in the junk are commenting on climate as 'experts'.

IMO, we are already into the next ice age, the global
warming temperature having peaked some 8000 years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...emperature.png
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Old October 12th 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag

Don't tell Al Gore...they may take him out of the running for a Nobel...

Cecil Moore wrote:
oriel36 wrote:

You have all the self-assurances of somebody who truly believes in
what would normally be harmless nonsense but unfortunately the same
people who believe in the junk are commenting on climate as 'experts'.

IMO, we are already into the next ice age, the global
warming temperature having peaked some 8000 years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...emperature.png

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/
Old October 12th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag

Top-posting repaired.

On Oct 12, 7:17 am, Scott wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
oriel36 wrote:

You have all the self-assurances of somebody who truly believes in
what would normally be harmless nonsense but unfortunately the same
people who believe in the junk are commenting on climate as 'experts'.

IMO, we are already into the next ice age, the global
warming temperature having peaked some 8000 years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...emperature.png

Don't tell Al Gore...they may take him out of the running for a Nobel...

As you no doubt know by the time you're reading this, he
got his Nobel.

And can you explain why, if we are in an ice age, the arctic
ice is melting faster than the most pessimistic models had
predicted?
http://nsidc.org/news/press/20070430_StroeveGRL.html

Don't glaciers normally advance in ice ages rather than
recede?

http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/413.htm
http://environment.newscientist.com/article/dn11064

- Randy

Old October 12th 07, 02:39 PM posted to sci.physics,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag

Default Why begin each of your posts with such monotonous auto-spam ?

Randy began his post:
“ Top-posting repaired.

On Oct 12, 7:17 am, Scott wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote: ”.

F.Y.I. I'm constantly “ repairing ” your posts
by deleting this auto-generated crap.

I can see the god-damn thread,
so why begin each of your posts with such monotonous auto-spam ?

Old October 12th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag

Randy Poe wrote:
And can you explain why, if we are in an ice age, the arctic
ice is melting faster than the most pessimistic models had
predicted?

Short term variation of plus and minus 2.5 degrees
but the temperature envelope for the past 8000 years
shows a downtrend. We are not in an ice age yet
but the present ice age *cycle* began 8000 years
ago. It is possible that the greenhouse gases are
actually delaying the onset of that next ice age which
will eventually destroy America's breadbasket. Al Gore
will become one of the most ridiculed men in US history
(for the Nth time).
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old October 12th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag

On Oct 11, 7:35 pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
You have all the self-assurances of somebody who truly believes in
what would normally be harmless nonsense but unfortunately the same
people who believe in the junk are commenting on climate as 'experts'.

IMO, we are already into the next ice age, the global
warming temperature having peaked some 8000 years ago.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...emperature.png
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil

The world is full of opinions,it is now called the 'scientific
method'.

While it looks like there is a broad gap between the error created by
Flamsteed in 1677 and global climate concerns of the present era,the
truth is more concise,specifically this late 17th century hoax -

http://www.analemma.com/Pages/framesPage.html

Ah,who am I kidding,you are into warped space.time travel ect and who
knows what else.