Old December 30th 07, 09:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default CQ, CQ, CQ Cecil...

OK ...

I have this nice brass pipe and fittings, a couple of copper disks
~6in.+ to solder at the ends, etc.

Now, if I construct this tank for, say 10m, and it is ~28-32 inches in
physical length, and tuned with a cap at the end, how can I know where
the standing waves are/is? Should I "picture" this as if it were a real
1/4 wave at 10m, and the wave is "compressed?" ... Your best ideas?
Knowledge? What the heck did those gurus' say in their books? I mean,
I am going to have to drill a hole or two to get that 1 turn loop in
their to couple to something ...

I have gotten to this point, I thought it would be apparent ... need
some help. Without having to admit you are not a guru, got any pointers?

A friend in need ... I think they (the standing waves) are going to be
trapped in there though :-)

Got any ideas? I mean, just help getting me started ...

[pictures will follow at a later date to get us "all on board."]

Regards,
JS
Old December 30th 07, 10:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:

[...]

Come to think of it, maybe I'd better "down scale" this and go 144Mhz or
higher, and shoot for a full wave length in physical size ... hmmm???

Got the copper, got the time, got the drive ...

JS
Old December 30th 07, 10:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
John Smith wrote:

[...]

Come to think of it, maybe I'd better "down scale" this and go 144Mhz or
higher, and shoot for a full wave length in physical size ... hmmm???

Got the copper, got the time, got the drive ...

JS

Oh geesh, this is much more interesting than I first imagined. I
could "lump" the inductances in turns at one end of the "pipe", or in
the middle--for example, or "stretch" it (helical wound) over the whole
length of the "tube", however, in attempting to "view" it, I think I may
need the higher freqs--where the physical dimensions will "force" the
truth ... Cecil! Your ideas?

D*mn man, where are you, and your books, when I need you?

Regards,
JS
Old December 30th 07, 11:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:

[chit]

Well, d*mn man, your ideas?

Yanno, anyones ideas will be examined here--I don't need gurus', I'll
listen, if it works--I'll let 'ya know--if it doesn't, we'll try
somethin' else--but then, I suspect, you already knew that ... krist,
even if we are wrong--big deal--we'll try the next idea--won't we ...

Warm regards,
JS

Old December 30th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
Now, if I construct this tank for, say 10m, and it is ~28-32 inches in
physical length, and tuned with a cap at the end, how can I know where
the standing waves are/is? Should I "picture" this as if it were a real
1/4 wave at 10m, and the wave is "compressed?" ... Your best ideas?

All that is required to achieve resonance in a distributed
network is that (in phasor notation) (Vf+Vr)/(If+Ir) be purely
resistive. Use your imagination to figure out if that always
implies 90 degrees.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Old December 30th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
Well, d*mn man, your ideas?

My idea is to spend as much time as possible with
a beautiful blond teacher who doesn't have to
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old December 30th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Well, d*mn man, your ideas?

My idea is to spend as much time as possible with
a beautiful blond teacher who doesn't have to

LOL!

Krist, my wife would kill me! I do love her too ...

:-P

JS
Old December 31st 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
[...]

A trip to the metal scrappers turned up a couple tubes, ends, disks ...
maybe next weekend can do something with it all ... if you are on
dialup, the image may take a bit to load.

http://assemblywizard.atwebpages.com

JS
Old January 1st 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Dec 31, 1:07*am, John Smith wrote:
John Smith wrote:

[...]

A trip to the metal scrappers turned up a couple tubes, ends, disks ...
maybe next weekend can do something with it all ... if you are on
dialup, the image may take a bit to load.

http://assemblywizard.atwebpages.com

JS

I recall a website that used major sized hardline to construct a set
of cans for 6M.

I need help Cecil Butch Magee Antenna 7 March 28th 06 01:07 PM
OT for Cecil or any other ex RRAPers an_old_friend Antenna 4 March 9th 06 07:33 PM
Congats Cecil W5DXP Fred W4JLE Antenna 8 November 20th 05 09:20 AM
Pull a "Cecil?" Len Over 21 Policy 1 September 25th 04 07:46 PM
Stuff Cecil would argue about Yuri Blanarovich Antenna 0 July 23rd 03 03:37 PM