Old June 22nd 08, 07:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default BIG Brothers' attack on USENET--i.e. our forum here ...

Highland Ham wrote:
John Smith wrote:
BTW ... I AM an amateur, IDIOT!

But, you allude to the correct assumption, an amateur with a LARGE
brain is much preferred to the example you demonstrate.

IF you are a licensed radio amateur , show us the courtesy to include
your callsign ,like all others contributing to this NG.

I have not come across a single licensed radio amateur , calling another
radio amateur an i***t !

What about 'trying' to show good manners.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Brother, I'd not show you the crack of my arse in a thong, don't ask ya
queer!

wink

Regards,
JS
Old June 22nd 08, 08:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dave wrote:

then you haven't been reading this group for long!

Ummm, what is long? Some women might consider six inches
long--yanno--it is all relative! LOL

Regards,
JS
Old June 22nd 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
wrote:
John Smith wrote:

Low bandwidth my ass, a full USENET feed is gigabytes per day.

Know nothing fool.

Perhaps a valid argument for those on dialup or with inadequate access
to the net.

Gigs ain't nothin', we move towards terabytes ... those thinking in gigs
are destined to the path of the dinosaur ...

A full T1 line is 1.5 megabits/sec.

The theoretical maximum bandwidth of DSL is 8 megabits/sec and you
will be lucky to get 6 megabits/sec.

A full USENET feed, one way, is about 130 GB day.

130 Gbytes X 8 bits = 1 X 10^12 bits.

1 X 10^12 bits / 6 X 10^6 bit/sec = 1.6 X 10^5 seconds = 46 hours.

So since there are only 24 hours in a day, you need the equivelant of
2 full, good DSL connections just to handle the incoming feed.

Add to the connections necessary for the outgoing feed.

And to store 30 days worth is 4 terabytes of storage.

As I said, know nothing fool.

BTW, how you can read my post when you've plonked me so many times?

Wow!!! If everyone was as you, you would be correct!

You mean if everyone could do simple arithmetic they would realize
you are a babbling idiot who can't put together a grammatical sentence?

Unfortunately you either offer substandard ISP bandwidth, or you are an
idiot--now let me guess???? :-)

Bandwidth doesn't come from ISP's, they lease it from the carriers.

Once again you show you know nothing.

But hey, you add bytes of usage--maybe you will even find someone who
cares or believes you!! Good going man! BTW--are you from a 3rd world
country?

Can't do simple arithemetic, can you?

I notice you have zero facts to offer in rebuttal; just frothing
nonsense.

BTW, how you can read my post when you've plonked me so many times?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old June 22nd 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Can't do simple arithemetic, can you?

I notice you have zero facts to offer in rebuttal; just frothing
nonsense.

Interesting ... yawn

BTW, how you can read my post when you've plonked me so many times?

Uh, just psychic I guess! grin

Regards,
JS
Old June 23rd 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Res wrote:

The best way to deal with that troll is ignore it, oh and of course if
you have root to your news server, you add his nntp providor into
cleanfeed and send his service providor a notice of such and why

Excellent advice. Consider yourself ignored ...

P.S. providor = provider, just for your future reference ...

Regards,
JS

My brothers love Lance Adair CB 0 May 26th 07 12:21 PM
Democrats just want to attack the Bible, they don't want to attack terrorists. Slow Code Antenna 0 December 11th 06 01:49 AM
Ancestral Importance by the Blues Brothers Len Anderson Policy 0 January 26th 05 09:49 PM
Home Intruder Killed By Brothers news CB 9 December 12th 04 07:40 AM