Old June 11th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default BIG Brothers' attack on USENET--i.e. our forum here ...

Roy Lewallen wrote:
wrote:
Hmm. I have several 'odd' ideas. One of them is that if I want to
talk politics, civil rights, etc, I do so on/in a user group that
deals with that sort of thing. I don't do so on/in user groups that
don't generally deal with those topic, such as this one. Why? Cuz
'off topic' stuff generally is only irritating, has nothing to do with
the topics generally found here, and only show the poster's general
disregard for that/this group and the people on/in it. It's generally
called SPAM. But then what do I know? I'm just a LARGE idiot...
right?
- 'Doc

What's more irritating is that people respond to it. I plonked "John
Smith" quite some time ago, so I'm not bothered at all by his rantings,
since I don't even see them. But I do see the responses from the folks
who respond to them. The best way to deal with this kind of posting is
to ignore them. Ignored OT posters go elsewhere, where they can get the
attention they're after, before very long. But they don't if they get a
constant supply of it.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

I guess that all implies that if ISPs drop USENET it just doesn't
matter, this will not set a trend, the attorney general will just stop
with the few he has already manipulated, this will not set the stage
encourage frivolous lawsuits--I can't help but differ with that ...

Perhaps they wish to imply that only dimwits use the ISPs in question
(the ones which have discontinued USENET)... I simply have no way to
prove/disprove that ... however, I suspect NOT!

Perhaps it implies government manipulation of the channels of citizens
communications is a good thing ... I think not.

Perhaps it implies that ISPs dropping USENET (and this NG) is a good
thing which just falsely appears to be an evil ... again, I differ ...

Perhaps the people who use the pervert NGs are the ones screaming not to
worry? They might fear this will focus attention on their perversions?
Hmmm ... I wonder, however, sometimes I am given to bouts of paranoia.

Perhaps I am the problem; just plonk me and ISPs dropping USENET are
seen for what they really are--only a figment of my imagination. Plonk
me and you will immediately realize it is all just a phony bad dream ...
well maybe, who knows.

But, I think it all points to the logic of a few which attempts to drive
the direction of this newsgroup. A few remain blind to the insanity
they drown in ... :-(

I leave this to others to sort out. However, if the small group of
illogical amateurs which have manipulated amateur radio are able to
influence the course of the internet, why would we think they would do
any different than they have done with the amateur bands? i.e.
stagnation, decay, good-ole-boys-club mentality, loss of importance,
ancient equipment designs, resistance to progress, etc.

Regards,
JS
Old June 12th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

That has got to be the best example of misdirection, false
humility, and pseudo-apologizing this stagnant, decaying, unimportant,
'GOB' user of ancient equipment who is resistant to progress, has seen
in a long time! Are you by chance a politician? OH! And us 'GOB's
who disagree with you are the reason the amateur bands are in the
state they are in now!
"Dang me, dang me! Ought'a take a rope and hang me!"... that's how it
goes, ain't it? What the hell, might as well admit to being one of
them 'pervs' who live on the child porn sites. Stands to reason,
don't it?
- 'Doc

(I'm 'PC', by the way. ~IF~ that 'PC' stands for Patsy Cline.)
Old June 12th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roy,
Yeah, but there are times when you just can't help it.
Sorry 'bout that.
- 'Doc

Old June 12th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:
Roy,
Yeah, but there are times when you just can't help it.
Sorry 'bout that.
- 'Doc

Hmmm ... yep, affirms my decision above was correct! THANKS!

Regards,
JS

Old June 20th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I'd hate to see Usenet go because it has been around a long time.
However there are a multitude of Ham orientated and Amateur Radio
antenna groups within Yahoo Groups. Most of them are also moderated,
which means flame wars like this usually get extinguished pretty
quickly. 73 de David, VK2DMH.

Old June 21st 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Robert Smits wrote:

No, thanks. Yahoo groups are NOT the same as Usenet or a reasonable
substitute for international newsgroups with nntp feeds. A better
alternative at the moment are alternate newsfeeds like giganews.

--
Bob Smits, Ladysmith, BC

"What a wonder is USENET; such wholesale production of conjecture from such
a trifling investment in fact." -- Carl S. Gutekunst

Well said.

However the low bandwidth requirements of newsgroups should be included
in any decent ISPs' services, IMHO.

Regards,
JS
Old June 21st 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
Robert Smits wrote:

No, thanks. Yahoo groups are NOT the same as Usenet or a reasonable
substitute for international newsgroups with nntp feeds. A better
alternative at the moment are alternate newsfeeds like giganews.

--
Bob Smits, Ladysmith, BC

"What a wonder is USENET; such wholesale production of conjecture from such
a trifling investment in fact." -- Carl S. Gutekunst

Well said.

However the low bandwidth requirements of newsgroups should be included
in any decent ISPs' services, IMHO.

Low bandwidth my ass, a full USENET feed is gigabytes per day.

Know nothing fool.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

My brothers love Lance Adair CB 0 May 26th 07 12:21 PM
Democrats just want to attack the Bible, they don't want to attack terrorists. Slow Code Antenna 0 December 11th 06 02:49 AM
Ancestral Importance by the Blues Brothers Len Anderson Policy 0 January 26th 05 10:49 PM
Home Intruder Killed By Brothers news CB 9 December 12th 04 08:40 AM