Old September 8th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Coupling a T2FD to a S350DL

Cecil Moore wrote:

Ten turns of RG-400 on an FT-240-77 or
FT-240-43 toroid. That's what I did.

.... you have a way of making it sound too easy ...

Regards,
JS

--
It is like a nightmare where the public servants are the people which
the police are supposed to protect us from!
Old September 8th 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Ten turns of RG-400 on an FT-240-77 or
FT-240-43 toroid. That's what I did.

... you have a way of making it sound too easy ...

If you want more difficulty, stack the two toroids
together and wind ten turns of RG-400 on them. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old September 8th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:

If you want more difficulty, stack the two toroids
together and wind ten turns of RG-400 on them. :-)

Well, I was wondering about that, you at least did the crossover and
wound half the turns in the opposing clockwise direction, I HOPE! ;-)

Even though this guy:

http://www.w8ji.com/toroid_balun_winding.htm

poses an argument against it!

And, this guy:

http://www.arising.com.au/people/Hol...ph/CMBalun.htm

implies, "What the heck, wind 30T on a junk-box ferrite rod and do 160m!"

Regards,
JS

Old September 8th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
Well, I was wondering about that, you at least did the crossover and
wound half the turns in the opposing clockwise direction, I HOPE! ;-)

Even though this guy:
poses an argument against it!

The main advantage I see for the crossover is that the output
is on the opposite side of the toroid from the input. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com