Old September 26th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default A Sunspot

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:59:10 -0700, Jim Kelley
wrote:

people take this to mean that we are entering a reversal.

Maybe Al Gore should look into this. Cheryl Crow could do a college tour.

Polar reversals are now the patent of the Republican party when the
White House tells us the private finance market can't do the job as
well as the government. [If all those companies are slipping into the
big sleep, then the Grand Old Party must have welded the greater fool
model into their platform for this dumpster diving orgy.]

The new compassionate conservative model of unemployment compensation:

1. Have you been indicted this week, such that it keeps you from
seeking work? Skip to #4 if so, but only if you are white,
married, Christian and live in the Hampsteads or can show
mortgages for 5 residences located in no fewer than two states and
one foreign capitol.

2. Have you sought a CEO position this week?

3. List three Board Directors you have contacted this week.

4. If you have satisfactorily answered these questions, pick up
$10million from the public trough and check with us next week.

Remember, unemployment compensation is NOT an entitlement, it is your
special right for having achieved such success in your field of
endeavor. Without your highly productive skills America would be
weaker in the eyes of the world. We know that $10million is a pale
compensation compared to the value you have provided to democracy, but
in these times many have to set aside personal needs for the sake of
keeping the titans of the financial market like PayDayLoans solvent.
Your patience and magnanimity means a lot for the millions of
under-employed that rely on this company.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old September 26th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 25, 5:06*pm, "Dave" wrote:
"Jim Lux" wrote in message

Jim Kelley wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
I would really like to know about the North Pole's movement.
It too has a cyclic motion and the last I heard was that the North
Pole had reached Siberia
and showed no signs yet of returning. Is the Earth going to respond to
the lack of cyclic motion *the same as the Sun?

http://ddig.wordpress.com/2008/06/05...netic-pole-rev....

"The magnetic poles wander around the vicinity of the geographic
poles all the time – the north magnetic pole currently resides
in the Canadian Arctic. However, at relatively regular intervals
throughout the 4.5 billion year history of the planet, the magnetic
poles have flipped completely. A few thousand years before a reversal,
the magnetic field gradually gets weaker; something which could cause
problems for inhabitants of the planet."

Now if we could only get it to oscillate at 50/60 Hz........;-)

73, ac6xg

The magnetic north pole being in (or close to) Canada, the Canadians have
a quasi-proprietary interest, and they have one of the better websites:
http://gsc.nrcan.gc.ca/geomag/nmp/northpole_e.php

http://gsc.nrcan.gc.ca/geomag/nmp/long_mvt_nmp_e.phphas a map showing the
movement. Indeed, one prediction shows that in 2050 it will be off the
Siberian coast.

Interesting also how it moves around 85km a day, in a diurnal variation..

OH! OH! PROOF OF THE DIAMAGNETIC STATIC NEUTRINO FLUX!!! *what else could
cause it to fluctuate like that every day! *ART MUST BE RIGHT!! *Either that
or i've already had one too many tonight.

Possibly, but it didn't produce change! You must drink alot if we
can't tell if you have stopped drinking
Stop drinking and you then may understand equilibrium
Old September 26th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 25, 5:59*pm, Jim Kelley wrote:
Jim Lux wrote:
The magnetic north pole being in (or close to) Canada, the Canadians
have a quasi-proprietary interest, and they have one of the better
websites:
http://gsc.nrcan.gc.ca/geomag/nmp/northpole_e.php
http://gsc.nrcan.gc.ca/geomag/nmp/long_mvt_nmp_e.phphas a map showing
the movement. Indeed, one prediction shows that in 2050 it will be off
the Siberian coast.

Interesting also how it moves around 85km a day, in a diurnal variation..

Yes. *Perhaps that relates to what Art was asking about.

Among other things:
Many authors have pointed out that the dipole part of the magnetic field
has been weakening during historic times, and that if the present trend
continues, the dipole field will go to zero in roughly 1500 years. Some
people take this to mean that we are entering a reversal.

Maybe Al Gore should look into this. *Cheryl Crow could do a college tour.

Good links, Jim. *Thanks.

ac6xg

Yes that is what I was talking about,With the poles of the Sun showing
no evidence of continuing its rotation
and where the poles of the Earth are accelerating instead of slowing
it could easily be seen as a tranfer of momentum or inertia.
If the Sun becomes passive and the Earth rotates on a eleven year
cycle. then a ice age could appear in the next 11 years!
11 years is starkly different to the 1000s of years that scientists
usually talk about. If the pole continuese this accelleration what is
there to stop it?
Let's hope the Sun shows some activity so I can test my antenna using
the "strong force" instead of the "weak force" and really shake this
group up.
Art
Old September 26th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 25, 6:59*pm, Jim Kelley wrote:
Jim Lux wrote:
[...]

Anyone notice the movement of the poles matches up pretty well with Al
Gores "hockey stick graph".

Jimmie
Old September 26th 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Clark wrote:

Polar reversals are now the patent of the Republican party when the
White House tells us the private finance market can't do the job as
well as the government.

We seem to have touched a nerve. :-)

ac6xg

Old September 26th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:37:51 -0700, Richard Clark
wrote:

people take this to mean that we are entering a reversal.

Maybe Al Gore should look into this. Cheryl Crow could do a college tour.

Polar reversals are now the patent of the Republican party

What a difference less than 12 hours makes when the Republican party
now claims both poles to the solution to the financial market crisis.

McCain is screwed either way (but in all honesty, at that grand table
in the White Hovel he was already the turkey center piece); wonder
what his vice-muffin, Sara Lee, would do? Carve?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old September 26th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Clark wrote:
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:37:35 -0700, Jim Kelley
wrote:

Richard Clark wrote:

Polar reversals are now the patent of the Republican party when the
White House tells us the private finance market can't do the job as
well as the government.

We seem to have touched a nerve. :-)

That's what Galvani said about the frog's leg.

Yes, but I don't think he wasn't referring to you. Was he?

73, AC6XG :-)
Old September 26th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Clark wrote:
"----wonder what his vice-muffin, Sara Lee, would do? Carve?"

Careful. Remember "Nobody doesn`t like Sara Lee!"

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old September 26th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

Richard Clark wrote:

Polar reversals are now the patent of the Republican party when the
White House tells us the private finance market can't do the job as
well as the government.

We seem to have touched a nerve. :-)

That's what Galvani said about the frog's leg. Republicans merely
polished the science of that jerk-reflex and both sides of the same
party are tugging hard on our wallet - not just touching. And in the
middle of it all, McCain sat through the crisis meeting like he had
suffered a brain aneurysm.

At least he got to nominate his own night-nurse to change the silver
drool cup this evening. Our first presidential candidate on
life-support.... Sara Jane may try an experiment with silver and
copper forks on him to get him to twitch for the cameras - if she can
find any nerve, that is.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old September 27th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:30:46 -0700, Jim Kelley
wrote:

We seem to have touched a nerve. :-)

That's what Galvani said about the frog's leg.

Yes, but I don't think he wasn't referring to you. Was he?

Consider, we've see two twitches from you as well - and comedy needs a
straight man, Thanx. McCain could work too, if it weren't for the
rigor mortis.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

SUNSPOT BABY! Dave[_18_] Shortwave 0 September 12th 08 01:13 PM
SUNSPOT ALERT: [email protected] Shortwave 0 December 8th 07 11:21 AM
Sunspot Cycle 24 SW4ever Shortwave 5 September 3rd 07 08:12 PM
Sunspot activity Jay in the Mojave CB 4 December 17th 06 03:11 AM
Big sunspot 898 Howard W3CQH General 0 July 6th 06 08:17 PM