Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 29th 09, 09:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Antenna Replacement Experiment

Jerry;

I know how to couple an external loop to the internal ferrite antenna of the
radio. I believe that i would get better nulls & gain by removing the
internal antenna & directly connecting a box loop in it's place. Please
correct me if i am in error.

"Jerry" wrote in message
news

"Spin" wrote in message
Is it feasable to remove the ferrite antenna from an am radio & replace
it with an external multi-turn box loop with the same primary/secondary
inductance?

Hi Spin

I cant offer any information about removing the ferrite antenna and
replacing it with an external loop. But, I can tell you that a few turns
of wire from the loop, wrapped aroung the radio, with the original ferrite
antenna connected as normal, can be made to couple the external loop to
the receiver to greatly improve reception.

Jerry