Old April 15th 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default American interpretation

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Brian Oakley wrote:
As Jesus was the fulfillment of the Law, his choice to forgive is what
is true. The penalty was paid. There was a death for the adultery.

So why is the Old Testament included in The Bible
if Jesus rendered it meaningless and irrelevant?
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com

Not meaningless and irrelevant. The law is to be considered and respected,
but is not the main point. The Jews asked for the law because they were too
afraid of the voice of God. Obedience to his voice would have been more
pleasing. God seems to be in tune with what we need but there is no way we
are going to get in the way of His plans. Jesus was the right hand of God
reaching out to us. If that doesn't strike you with awe, and it is all
meaningless to you, then you have no heart and morality is what you make up
just like the animals. Essentially a "heathen".

And you wonder why children who have been taught they are no more than
"evolved primordial soup" go to school with "Natural Selection" T-shirts and
kill as many as they can for sport. And why abortion is being promoted as a
painless way to make genocide acceptable. I pray America and its people
finds their way back to God before He sends his blessing elsewhere.

As far as Newton's theory... I thought he dealt primarily with forces.
Works well with things like magnetism, gravity and mechanics, but when you
introduce AC and antenna theory, it becomes very complex and the pages start
to fill with Math. Not easy to explain in a news post. I have yet to see
any of the Math in these posts, which speaks to the fact that everyone is
too lazy to do more than talk about it.

Old April 15th 09, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Oakley wrote:
[...]

To Cecil;
Quit baiting the fundamentalists. This is an antenna newsgroup,
not a t.v. evangelist God-is-agonna-gitcha newsgroup.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH
Old April 15th 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Oakley wrote:
As Jesus was the fulfillment of the Law, his choice to forgive is what is
true. The penalty was paid. There was a death for the adultery.

So why is the Old Testament included in The Bible
if Jesus rendered it meaningless and irrelevant?
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com

Because its not meaningless and irrelavent. Its there to show you why Jesus
had to come. He is the fulfillment of the Law. If He is the fullfillment,
then you have to understand what is in the Law and why He had to fulfill it.
The OT is there to point to Jesus in every book.

Old April 15th 09, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Oakley wrote:
[...]

Youre right. God isnt out to gitcha.

Old April 15th 09, 11:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message
Brian Oakley wrote:

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message

Many adulterers are stoned already...

Of course it is a little difficult to figure out just what an adulterer
is anyhow. If you raid a neighboring village, you can take the women as
slaves and wives, somehow it was okay for Job's daughters to get him
drunk and boink him. Go figure...

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Just what makes you think its supposed to be ok?

It wasn't exactly condemned now was it?

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Uh, if you read closely, thats a narrative of what took place. Life
happens, good and bad. This is what the Bible is about, the good, the bad,
and the ugly. It has nothing to hide about people and they wrong they do. If
God doesnt jump in and throw down a thunderbolt or two, you think that means
He thinks its ok? Im sorry, but you really dont understand much about God
or the Bible by showing that kind of thinking. Surely youre not that naive.
I think youre just biased, which is ok, but at least admit it.

Old April 16th 09, 04:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Oakley wrote:
Youre right. God isnt out to gitcha.

You're wrong about that. If God knows what I
am going to do tomorrow then I have no choice
and do not possess free will. If God doesn't
know what I am going to do tomorrow, then He
is not omniscient. QED.
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com
Old April 16th 09, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Oakley wrote:

Just what makes you think its supposed to be ok?

It wasn't exactly condemned now was it?

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Uh, if you read closely, thats a narrative of what took place. Life
happens, good and bad. This is what the Bible is about, the good, the
bad, and the ugly. It has nothing to hide about people and they wrong
they do. If God doesnt jump in and throw down a thunderbolt or two, you
think that means He thinks its ok? Im sorry, but you really dont
understand much about God or the Bible by showing that kind of
thinking. Surely youre not that naive. I think youre just biased, which
is ok, but at least admit it.

We have a lot of things declared as abominations in the bible, we have a
lot of things on the OT that condemn people to death also. Considering
how some of these things are latched onto by those who would promote
themselves as the holy these days, I find it a little amusing. I also
see those folks more as Pharisees.

If you want to know my bias, read the Sermon on the Mount. Most of the
rest is dross.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -
Old April 16th 09, 06:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Oakley wrote:
As Jesus was the fulfillment of the Law, his choice to forgive is
what is true. The penalty was paid. There was a death for the adultery.

So why is the Old Testament included in The Bible
if Jesus rendered it meaningless and irrelevant?
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com

Because its not meaningless and irrelavent. Its there to show you why
Jesus had to come. He is the fulfillment of the Law. If He is the
fullfillment, then you have to understand what is in the Law and why He
had to fulfill it. The OT is there to point to Jesus in every book.

Pure heresy! There's no way for you to know whether that is true or
not. You're wasting your time trying to find purpose in religious
scripture. As Alexander Pope wrote in his An Essay on Man: Epistle II:
"Know then thyself, presume not God to scan, The proper study of
mankind is man"
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH
Old April 16th 09, 06:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:
Brian Oakley wrote:
Youre right. God isnt out to gitcha.

You're wrong about that. If God knows what I
am going to do tomorrow then I have no choice
and do not possess free will. If God doesn't
know what I am going to do tomorrow, then He
is not omniscient. QED.

Dangit, Cecil! You managed to scare another one out from under his rock.
You know you aren't going to do anything but start an argument when you
use logic and reason on a true believer. Christians have been fighting
and arguing with each other, and killing each other since before the
time of Arius over such things as whether non-Jewish Christians should
be circumcised, and whether or not Christ was created by God or
eternally co-existent with Him. If you're going to start an eternal
religious thread, you can at least discuss why Nature is explainable
using differential equations, or why evolution has produced so many
religious nuts.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH
Old April 16th 09, 12:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Tom Donaly wrote:
Dangit, Cecil! You managed to scare another one out from under his rock.
You know you aren't going to do anything but start an argument when you
use logic and reason on a true believer.

I'm sorry, Tom. From the beginning of creation,
God knew I was eventually going to make that
posting so I didn't have any choice. I hope God
knows that I am now going to stop doing that. :-)
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com