Old June 2nd 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Looking for a source for a support stake

that I could step on and mount a vertical temporarily (IE for the
weekend)

Been web searching and cant come up with an idea.

Many Thanks
Old June 2nd 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Jun 2, 1:10*pm, "R.Scott" wrote:
that I could step on and mount a vertical temporarily (IE for the
weekend)

Been web searching and cant come up with an idea.

Many Thanks

Oh yea, no driving on the support, not practical in my plans. Just
something I can step on or hammer in to bolt the 4btv to .
Old June 2nd 09, 09:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In
"R.Scott" wrote:

On Jun 2, 1:10*pm, "R.Scott" wrote:
that I could step on and mount a vertical temporarily (IE for the
weekend)

Been web searching and cant come up with an idea.

Many Thanks

Oh yea, no driving on the support, not practical in my plans. Just
something I can step on or hammer in to bolt the 4btv to .

Have you considered a tripod of some sort?

The MFJ-1901 sounds like it might work for you. There's no picture on
their Web site, but there's a PDF of the catalog page at

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/catalo...through_75.pdf

It's on page 61.

It's a 2' square piece of stainless with spikes at each corner to stick
in the ground and some sort of mounting arrangement in the center for
masts. Unfortunately, they want $110 for it.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old June 2nd 09, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/catalo...through_75.pdf

It's on page 61.

It's a 2' square piece of stainless with spikes at each corner to stick
in the ground and some sort of mounting arrangement in the center for
masts. Unfortunately, they want $110 for it.

That would be perfect ... BUT MAN $110 ... bit steep.
Old June 2nd 09, 11:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

R.Scott wrote:
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/catalo...through_75.pdf

It's on page 61.

It's a 2' square piece of stainless with spikes at each corner to stick
in the ground and some sort of mounting arrangement in the center for
masts. Unfortunately, they want $110 for it.

That would be perfect ... BUT MAN $110 ... bit steep.

Surveyor's tripod... Much more rugged, adjustable. A CST brand one might
set you back $130 at Home Depot, but that's not the cheapest source.

Crain brand aluminum tripods show up online at $60-70 on sale.
(e.g.
http://www.engineersupply.com/crain-...ead-22210.aspx
from googling.. I've never used this vendor..)

You want something cheaper... what about a standard steel fence post
(T-stake).. hammer it in, hook the antenna up, and you're done. Use a
car jack to pull it out when you're ready to go.

Or, one of those bases for a patio umbrella. Either the cast iron or
concrete ones, or the ones you fill with water or sand.

Or, some antiskid base (a little spike, like a tent stake) and some
nylon rope guys to tent stakes, or weights.

Old June 2nd 09, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

R.Scott wrote:
that I could step on and mount a vertical temporarily (IE for the
weekend) Been web searching and cant come up with an idea.

What I used was a steel fence post driven into the
ground by a fence post driver device. When I finished
with it, I wrapped a cable around the base, hooked
it to my trailer hitch, and pulled it out of the
ground with my GMC pickup.
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com