Old October 3rd 09, 03:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default SMALL ANTENNAS

Art Unwin wrote:
On Oct 2, 6:33 pm, buzz wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:

SNIPED spelling curtsy Art
Elermentry explanation of the weak force in the Standard model
(Patents applied for)
Art
Art

Since all the strands are connected together, the entire things just
looks like one flat piece of metal. Snake oil spin.

And what is the MFJ259B measuring when it denotes a resonant frequency?

What did the instrument say exactly? Or is that covered by your patent?

What leads you to believe that it indicated rezonunz?

And if it did, why would you think that helps confirm your nonsensical
view of the world?

tom
K0TAR
Old October 3rd 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Art Unwin wrote:
On Oct 2, 6:33 pm, buzz wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:

Znippd shtuff
Art

Since all the strands are connected together, the entire things just
looks like one flat piece of metal. Snake oil spin.

And what is the MFJ259B measuring when it denotes a resonant frequency?

And I DO own a 259B, so let's go toe to toe on the measurements bright boy.

tom
K0TAR

Old October 3rd 09, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Oct 2, 7:46*pm, Art Unwin wrote:
On Oct 2, 7:21*pm, Art Unwin wrote:

On Oct 2, 6:33*pm, buzz wrote:

Art Unwin wrote:
This week end is going to be wet and cold, so I thought I would give
you a radiator to play with if you are willing to make something for
yourself.
Get yourself a piece of aluminum mesh used for window insect stopping
entering your house. Soak this piece of mesh in some watered down
muriatic acid (approx $5 a bottle at a hardware store This is to
remove the insulating coating so it becomes conductive. Now this mesh
is woven so it helps to compress the strands together by tapping with
a hammer. Connect a MFJ259B to the base corners and scan to see where
the resonant frequency is.
I used a 8" x5" piece of mesh and it was resonant from about 110 to
140
MHZ so it is quite broad banded and easy to find the resonance The
vertical strands carry the applied current and the capacitance square
holes in between is a electrostatic field around which the
displacement current flows. What you have, basically, is a *full wave
dipole folded very closely upon itself to form a closed circuit with a
low impedance. This is basically a transmission line if the ends are
open. The cross jumpers take the place of *dielectric spacers that are
present on a open transmission line so that they may enclose an
electrostatic field created by the displacement current. The vertical
strands are really in series ,so you have effectively placed a long
length of wire into a small volume which you may shape into any form.
*To play with this further, place it above a conductive sheet and note
the changes. Then try pinning it together into a cylinder and note the
changes.
Have fun playing with it.
Looking at the physics side of things. When a particle is generated by
the Sun it goes to the border and even tho it is extremely small it
breaks the border by applying a straight force vector together with a
circular vector. This same combination repeats itself when current is
applied to a radiator which also produces a circular current. These
same vectors are later repeated with gravity in combination with
rotation all of which are per laws of Newton. The particles that
escape from the sun sheath conductive materials on Earth. This is
explained by making the Gaussian field for statics a dynamic one so
that it becomes the same as Maxwells laws. The combination of fields
from the applied current when intersecting the electrostatic field
dislodges particles by elevation with spin while accellerating to the
maximum speed which is that of light so the particle can take on a
straight line trajectory with spin where the Gravity vector is
cancelled.
Elermentry explanation of the weak force in the Standard model
(Patents applied for)
Art

Art

Since all the strands are connected together, the entire things just
looks like one flat piece of metal. Snake oil spin.

And what is the MFJ259B measuring when it denotes a resonant frequency?

Never mind.! You don't own a MFJ but you anticipated the answer anyway
when applying a DC current. Excellent, you are a antenna guru.

Just made another similar size sample made of brass with a diamond
perforation and I got it down to 45 mhz where reactance was zero and
the resistance was 20 plus. I suppose I could get it to go below 45
Mhz with more manipulation but it is getting late. Seems like only a
few own a MFJ 259B which makes for silly questions and comments. Oh
well.
Old October 3rd 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Art Unwin wrote:

Just made another similar size sample made of brass with a diamond
perforation and I got it down to 45 mhz where reactance was zero and
the resistance was 20 plus. I suppose I could get it to go below 45
Mhz with more manipulation but it is getting late. Seems like only a
few own a MFJ 259B which makes for silly questions and comments. Oh
well.

And what were you driving it against?

Was it connected to just the center pin on the PL259?

If so, what was connected to the ground side of the instrument?

tom
K0TAR
Old October 3rd 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Oct 2, 9:02*pm, tom wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
On Oct 2, 6:33 pm, buzz wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:

SNIPED *spelling curtsy Art

Elermentry explanation of the weak force in the Standard model
(Patents applied for)
Art
Art
Since all the strands are connected together, the entire things just
looks like one flat piece of metal. Snake oil spin.

And what is the MFJ259B measuring when it denotes a resonant frequency?

What did the instrument say exactly? *Or is that covered by your patent?

What leads you to believe that it indicated rezonunz?

And if it did, why would you think that helps confirm your nonsensical
view of the world?

tom
K0TAR

You really make yourself look so stupid with questions like that. Or
maybe I should say "so dumb?" You "may" have made it out of high
school "may", but for evidence of higher education you could get a
diploma from a Honduras University for just pennies. Probably sent off
a postcard for one with a Honduras postage stamp on it just to impress
them.

Old October 3rd 09, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Art Unwin wrote:

Just made another similar size sample made of brass with a diamond
perforation and I got it down to 45 mhz where reactance was zero and
the resistance was 20 plus. I suppose I could get it to go below 45
Mhz with more manipulation but it is getting late. Seems like only a
few own a MFJ 259B which makes for silly questions and comments. Oh
well.

Just twigged on the key phrase "I got it down".

What is that supposed to mean? "I bent it?" or "I moved it next to this
nice old cast iron radiator"? What?

So he adjusted it in an undefined manner.

And what size "diamond perforation"? What angle? What percentage
perforation? What thickness is this sheet? (Almost a bad pun)

tom
K0TAR
Old October 3rd 09, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Oct 2, 9:22*pm, tom wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:

Just made another similar size sample made of brass with a diamond
perforation and I got it down to 45 mhz where reactance was zero and
the resistance was 20 plus. I suppose I could get it to go below 45
Mhz with more manipulation but it is getting late. Seems like only a
few own a MFJ 259B which makes for silly questions and comments. Oh
well.

And what were you driving it against?

Was it connected to just the center pin on the PL259?

If so, what was connected to the ground side of the instrument?

tom
K0TAR

You may have bought one but you have never used it as shown by your
silly questions.
You have lied so much in the past.
I presume you live alone or maybe you are homelessso cut a square from
the mesh on your window and introduce it to what ever you bought with
a piece of coax with a connector at one end and the shielding and
center wire separated at the other end. Yes, just for fun connect only
to the centre pin and stand back as it surely would explode. My
version of the MFJ doesn't say anything so I have to read the meter.
Since your one "says" it all ask what it is measuring! Do you think
you can do that for yourself? I imagine many hams have already tried
it and are laughing their heads off over you and your questions.
Old October 3rd 09, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Art Unwin wrote:
On Oct 2, 9:02 pm, tom wrote:

snip

What leads you to believe that it indicated rezonunz?

And if it did, why would you think that helps confirm your nonsensical
view of the world?

tom
K0TAR

You really make yourself look so stupid with questions like that. Or
maybe I should say "so dumb?" You "may" have made it out of high
school "may", but for evidence of higher education you could get a
diploma from a Honduras University for just pennies. Probably sent off
a postcard for one with a Honduras postage stamp on it just to impress
them.

When I've made claims, I've generally associated numbers with them. If
someone should challenge me on one, I would respond to them with where
the number came from. We could then have a discussion about it, and if
it ended up on this group, others would get to make cogent and lively
comments.

And hopefully some would learn from some who knew. And those who
presented verifiable evidence would be acknowledged by those that didn't
have it. And some would disagree on nothing but fact, and some would
disagree just for the hell of it. And so on.

But there is a consensus on what works and why. The disagreements are
pretty much on just the fine points and about 80% because the OFs in
question like to do it and have the time. At least it appears that way.
I'm not bothered by it, and I think most of the regulars aren't
either. And some of it is quite amusing. The next button isn't hard to
click.

Which leads to me saying, Art, ssppppssssppppspsspspspspsp!

tom
K0TAR
Old October 3rd 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Oct 2, 9:29*pm, tom wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:

Just made another similar size sample made of brass with a diamond
perforation and I got it down to 45 mhz where reactance was zero and
the resistance was 20 plus. I suppose I could get it to go below 45
Mhz with more manipulation but it is getting late. Seems like only a
few own a MFJ 259B which makes for silly questions and comments. Oh
well.

Just twigged on the key phrase "I got it down".

What is that supposed to mean? *"I bent it?" or "I moved it next to this
nice old cast iron radiator"? *What?

So he adjusted it in an undefined manner.

And what size "diamond perforation"? *What angle? *What percentage
perforation? *What thickness is this sheet? *(Almost a bad pun)

tom
K0TAR

Sorry Tom, I haven't got anymore time to waste on you. Find somebody
to show you how to use the MFJ and explain what resonance means and
you should be off and running, .......running away that is. So Tommy,
nighty ,night PLONK!
Old October 3rd 09, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Art Unwin wrote:

You may have bought one but you have never used it as shown by your
silly questions.

snip
cut a square from
the mesh on your window and introduce it to what ever you bought with
a piece of coax with a connector at one end and the shielding and
center wire separated at the other end. Yes, just for fun connect only
to the centre pin and stand back as it surely would explode.

Thanks. That's the best description I've ever heard from you. Now the
coax type, and how long. and it's orientation and distance from the
ground or large metallic things, and your position and weight and height
and other things like that in the local environment and then we might
_begin_ to be able to duplicate your place of testing.

tom
K0TAR

small omnidirectional mobile antennas Tad Danley Antenna 3 October 24th 08 01:57 PM
Small Antennas Rollie Antenna 14 October 12th 08 08:48 PM
small antennas Art Unwin Antenna 80 October 8th 08 11:18 PM
Pictures of your antennas in the Antennas in the World directory oli Antenna 0 June 25th 07 10:01 AM
inter-reaction of hf antennas on a small lot Paladin Antenna 2 November 30th 05 09:05 PM