Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 19th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Sangean ATS-909 external antenna impedance??

Does anyone know what the Sangean ATS-909's external antenna input impedance
is?

I searched for days for documentation on that radio and found plenty, mods,
schematics, service manuals, reviews, but no straight word on the impedance
of that input! (Not even in the service manual specs). The only reference I
found was a from a guy on a 7-page set of ham reviews, and all he said was
that it was a mystery!

Maybe the only way to know is to start from the schematic but I don't know
how, but here's the best schematic I could find:
http://eric.horsemensociety.info/TEC...chematic_A.gif
(Antenna input is near top right).
(Link appears to be dead, 403, forbidden. I'm sure it worked last week..)

What I really want to know is whether the ATS-909 will work ok with a
long(ish) wire outside feeding a 50 ohm coax via a 9:1 transformer, or if
that would cause more bother than connecting a wire directly to it and
putting up with local noise picked up from nearby buildings.

Kaito KA2100 external SW antenna impedance? Sanjaya[_4_] Shortwave 11 May 3rd 08 09:59 PM
Sangean ATS-505 Receiver - Improving your Shortwave Radio Reception with an External Shortwave Listener's (SWL) Antenna RHF Shortwave 0 January 16th 06 09:12 PM
PMR external antenna George Antenna 0 March 8th 05 09:16 PM
external antenna.... sipa Antenna 2 December 27th 04 12:50 PM
DX-398 and External Antenna Jason Shortwave 7 February 20th 04 09:59 PM