Old November 17th 10, 04:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default LADDER LINE SPREADERS

gosh! These would be perfect. I went to the site but can't read the
language.

I wonder if you could tell me how much 500 would cost shipped to Texas
and the cost of 500?

We have some plactic plant stakes. They are round about 1/2 or 3/8
inch in ciamter. Color is green and the have some ridges which, I
guess would prevent ties/wires from slipping down the stake.
However, they are expensive per stick.

I sure wish that I could find what you suggested over here.

THANK YOU.

joe

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 02:11:28 +0100, Yanu Yet Another Nice Usenetuser
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 22:56:44 -0500, justme wrote:

Hi, Folks.

I need ideas for CHEAP and uv stable, strong, light weight, waterproof
ladder line spreaders of about 4 or 5 inches wide. Wood in any
configuration will not do. PVC pipe will not do. Welding rod would
do but it is expensive.

I was thinking of Fiberglas tape, twisted and put in place and then
resin applied but that is very cumbersome.

Any ideas out there?

Thank you.

If it's Dutch it ain't much...
"We" use spreaders which are used for growing roses, so called "rose
clips."
http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa0fri/Ant/Ant...spreiderf1.jpg
The picture shows how perfect they are made for spreaders!
The original seller:
http://www.amevo.nl/plantstokken_boomclips/
They are rather cheap a few cent each UV resistant.
In relation to the transport cost to the US it can be expensive. They
come in bundles of 500 pc!
Unfortunately don't know where you can buy them in the US, but you can
start looking in local agriculture shops.
Somebody must grow roses over there having the same problem...
Jan/pa3abk

Old November 17th 10, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Well, all of that sounds good until I went to Tractor supply and
couldn't find what you were talking about.

I did find this:SKU Number: 3610032 but they are only 4 inches long.
They talk of its staples, too.

Can you tell me the store and product numter that you are talking
about?

Thanks

Joe

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 20:57:03 -0400, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 22:56:44 -0500, justme wrote:

Hi, Folks.

I need ideas for CHEAP and uv stable, strong, light weight, waterproof
ladder line spreaders of about 4 or 5 inches wide. Wood in any
configuration will not do. PVC pipe will not do. Welding rod would
do but it is expensive.

I was thinking of Fiberglas tape, twisted and put in place and then
resin applied but that is very cumbersome.

Any ideas out there?

Thank you.

If you live in a rural area, check the hardware or farm supply stores
for electric fence insulators. The ones in my hardware store are 5 or
6 inches long and cost a few dollars per hundred.

Old November 17th 10, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

The ones I have used for whip ant. are about 3/8" thick & bought at Tractor
Supply & also Baumgar's (not sure of spelling) also notice in Walmart they
have snow marking poles in various colors & length that should also work...

Old December 1st 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

justme wrote in
:

Hi, Folks.

I need ideas for CHEAP and uv stable, strong, light weight, waterproof
ladder line spreaders of about 4 or 5 inches wide. Wood in any
configuration will not do. PVC pipe will not do. Welding rod would
do but it is expensive.

I was thinking of Fiberglas tape, twisted and put in place and then
resin applied but that is very cumbersome.

These might not be regarded as cheap, but they are designed for purpose:
http://www.tet-emtron.com/product-p/te-450sp.htm . They are not 4 to 5
inches wide, the seller claims about 450 ohms using 2mm diameter bare wire.

If you used insulated wire, Zo would be a little higher (eg 1mm conductor
would give somewhere between 500 and 600 ohms).

Owen
Old December 9th 10, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Nov 2, 10:56*pm, justme wrote:
Hi, Folks.

I need ideas for CHEAP and uv stable, strong, light weight, waterproof
ladder line spreaders of about 4 or 5 inches wide. * Wood in any
configuration will not do. *PVC pipe will not do. *Welding rod would
do but it is expensive.

I was thinking of Fiberglas tape, twisted and put in place and then
resin applied but that is very cumbersome.

Any ideas out there?

Thank you.

I came by some glass rope (believe it was used for making fireproof
curtains) I saturated it in resin to make some fiberglass rods. I
would think other types of rope impregnated with resin may work, Ive
seen burlap successfully used with resin so I am thinking hemp rope
may work.

Jimmie

Old December 12th 10, 02:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Hey, Jimmie, that is what I thought about making.

Where did you get the fiberglass rope and how much was/is it?

Joe

Old December 16th 10, 09:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:
On Nov 2, 10:56*pm, justme wrote:
Hi, Folks.

I need ideas for CHEAP and uv stable, strong, light weight, waterproof
ladder line spreaders of about 4 or 5 inches wide. * Wood in any
configuration will not do. *PVC pipe will not do. *Welding rod would
do but it is expensive.

I was thinking of Fiberglas tape, twisted and put in place and then
resin applied but that is very cumbersome.

Any ideas out there?

Thank you.

I came by some glass rope (believe it was used for making fireproof
curtains) I saturated it in resin to make some fiberglass rods. I
would think other types of rope impregnated with resin may work, Ive
seen burlap successfully used *with resin so I am thinking *hemp rope
may work.

Jimmie- Hide quoted text -

I came by it while demolishing a motel. A roll of green rope was in
storage there. Dont know what it would cost if I had to buy it. Hemp
rope is cheap if you can find some that is raw and not impregnated
with oil it should take resin pretty good. Fortunately the kind with
no oil is the cheapest. Ive experimented with rope made of paper,
soaking it with resin also made some rods I believe could be used for
your pupose. I never used them for anything but they I had a couple of
2m lengths outside for 5 or 6 years before disposing of them. I was
surprised at how well they held up. Im sure they would have done even
better if they had been painted.. Not sure of the cost but it should
be very inexpensive. Cost of the resin would be the biggest factor.

Jimmie

ladder line?? W3CQH Antenna 5 June 11th 08 02:15 AM
Using Twin Lead or Ladder Line for your Antenna's Feed-in-Line ? - Then 'consider' a Pair of Vintage Style TV Antenna Clips . . . RHF Shortwave 11 December 29th 05 04:05 AM
Feed Line Length - Ladder Line Pat Whelton Antenna 10 July 7th 05 12:54 AM
WTB: 2" spreaders for open wire line K9SQG Antenna 2 September 29th 03 02:30 AM