Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 31st 11, 12:05 AM
Junior Member

Default SW antenna for Grundig Satellit 750?

I am considering this antenna for Grundig Satellit 750, link below.

http://universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3377.html

my first question is about the effectiveness of this antenna in a limited space on patio of about 15 feet by 15 feet, next to a 2-story building. I would raise the antenna center to about 10 feet and then run each of the 40-foot wings in zigzags on the sides. Later, I might move to a larger place and have full space for the antenna. I do not want to buy an antenna for limited space now if this antenna could be made as effective for the limited space as an antenna designed for smaller space.

the second question is about durability, is it solid construction to last for years?

the third question is about any extra hardware needed. My Grundig radio has a female BNC socket 50-ohm. This antenna comes with coax cable RG-8X and PL-259. This means I need an adapter from PL-259 to BNC. Will this adapter create any noise? Do I need any additional hardware to make it work better, like a preamp?