Old October 11th 04, 10:11 PM
Jiri Placek

Default Grundig Satellit 208 antenna replacement

My Satellit 208 / Transistor 6000 has the upper half of the antenna
missing. Is there any way to either locate a replacement antenna or
to cannibalize fitting parts from another radio?
Any lead is appreciated.

Jiri Placek
Boyertown, PA
Old October 12th 04, 01:54 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"Jiri Placek" wrote in message
om...
My Satellit 208 / Transistor 6000 has the upper half of the antenna
missing. Is there any way to either locate a replacement antenna or
to cannibalize fitting parts from another radio?
Any lead is appreciated.

I may be able to help you with that.. can you send me a pic of what's left
of your antenna (take it out of the radio and take the pic and send to me).
I have a Grundig antenna that I believe will fit that particular radio.

Old October 12th 04, 12:07 PM
Jiri Placek

Brenda Ann-

I appreciate your kind offer. Look at
http://www.geocities.com/grundig_sat...at_ant_inf.htm

Satellit 208 has the "B" antenna but I believe that any from "A" to
"D" will work although the "C" and "D" may have little different
mounts. I have only six bottom segments left.

Jiri Placek
Boyertown, PA

Old October 12th 04, 01:56 PM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"Jiri Placek" wrote in message
om...
Brenda Ann-

I appreciate your kind offer. Look at

http://www.geocities.com/grundig_sat...at_ant_inf.htm

Satellit 208 has the "B" antenna but I believe that any from "A" to
"D" will work although the "C" and "D" may have little different
mounts. I have only six bottom segments left.

Jiri Placek
Boyertown, PA

Jiri,

The antenna I have here most closely resembles the 'A' antenna. It's
actually from a Transistor 1001/Concert Boy 306(?) series. I'll photograph
it tomorrow and e-mail it to you. If you can use it, then let me know. It's
complete and in VG condition.

Old October 13th 04, 06:16 AM
RHF

= = = (Jiri Placek) wrote in message
= = = . com...
My Satellit 208 / Transistor 6000 has the upper half of the antenna
missing. Is there any way to either locate a replacement antenna or
to cannibalize fitting parts from another radio?
Any lead is appreciated.

Jiri Placek
Boyertown, PA

JP,

Welcome to the Grundig Satellit Homepage !
http://www.geocities.com/grundig_satellit/
- by Knut Otterbeck, Oslo, Norway

Grundig Satellit "Antenna" Information
ANTENNAS= http://tinyurl.com/6666a
http://www.geocities.com/grundig_satellit/pages/info/projects/parts_info/antennas/sat_ant_inf.htm
Antenna "B" is for the Grundig Satellit 208/210 (1967-1971)

hth ~ RHF
..
..

Old October 14th 04, 12:01 AM
Jeff Miller

JP,

Welcome to the Grundig Satellit Homepage !
http://www.geocities.com/grundig_satellit/
- by Knut Otterbeck, Oslo, Norway

Nice site. Worthy cause.
But...I did not see any photos of the "Satellit 400" from 1989.
If you need some let me know and I can take some for you.

Nice radio, and I am very easy on my possessions (yeah, he
just smoked his Triplett!) , but the antenna broke about 3
weeks after I got it in 1989. Used a small hose clamp
at the base to re-affix it. Not very like me to
do that but my search for a replacement was fruitless
back then (pre-internet). Maybe I should try again.

Jeff