Old June 5th 12, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Hopefully not off topic-link

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .
A box is not the best condenser.

You should use the Leyden jar.
S*

How about a nice modern compact capacitor?

It should be with the low leakage. The Leyden jar has a thick insulation.
And,

"Any type of capacitor may develop excessive leakage if the capacitor is
subjected to excessive applied voltage or high-voltage spikes."

..It was known in Marconi time:
"It is now perfectly well known that a condenser, if large enough, does not
prevent the passage of high frequency oscillations, and therefore in these
cases
the earth is for all practical purposes connected to the antennae." (Marconi
1909).

In reality the real condenser conducts (electrons are flowing) the DC but do
not AC.
In the teaching program is opposite.
S*

Old June 5th 12, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Hopefully not off topic

"Jeff Liebermann" napisal w wiadomosci
On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 09:16:03 +0200, "Szczepan Bialek"
wrote:

Before I have read that J. Schneider used the Epsom salt to cancer cure.

Well, might as well go further off topic. I'll make it quick and
painless.

In about 2006, I discovered that I had prostate cancer. I had some
time, so I elected watchful waiting, while I shopped around for
alternatives to conventional cancer treatments.

J. Schneider published his results in 2006 after 15 years of experiments.
The National Cancer Institute confirmed it.
Your "alternatives" were the old ones.

But J. Schneider wrote:
"I have no idea if my body was unique in its response to this agent
(saturated solution of Epsom salt + Vit C).
It is obvious that that much more laboratory and clinic testing is necessary
before anyone could recomended this agent to anyone else for their use".

Now I know that my body is also unique.

I settled on 3 rather
popular treatments and tried them all with religious adherence to
their recommended procedures and strictures. Nothing worked, and my
PSA score continued to climb:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/psa.jpg
(The big peak in 2007 was from the effects of a kidney stone.) As I
approached meltdown, I finally elected to have my prostate surgically
removed. A year later, I had to go through radiation treatment to
clean up the mess because I had waited a bit too long.

During this exercise, I learned a few things about alternative
medicine and cancer.
1. There are plenty of people that do absolutely nothing and have the
cancer miraculously disappear. It's more common than I suspected. I
know two such people.
2. History is written by the survivors. The failures of any
alternative procedure is unlikely to write a report indicating that
they had died from the procedure. Those that survived, and where the
alternative treatment failed, are unlikely to report the failure. Of
course, the proponents of the alternative treatment are unlikely to
mention failures. The result is the overwhelming number of user
comments on alternative treatment web sites are positive.
3. There are huge number of scams and disreputable medical schemes on
the internet. There are also credible looking research reports, which
offer conclusions not substantiated by any data. Some reports go so
far as to be self-contradictory. I found one that couldn't even get
the arithmetic correct.
4. The way to separate the scams from real research is to determine
if the author has a financial interest in the procedure. If they're
selling a book, potion, drug, procedure, or have a political agenda,
then they should be ignored. What's left are usually government and
university financed studies.
5. Alternative medicine certainly has its benefits. In general, it's
a great way to clean up a bad lifestyle. Living on junk food, not
getting enough exercise, and high stress all have their effects.
However, the price of alternative medicine might be delaying
conventional treatment, which often has fatal results. That's roughly
what happened to Steve Jobs, who delayed pancreatic cancer surgery a
bit too long.

I agree with you in 100%.

But the J. Schneider cancer cure is not an alternative.
It is tested in the National Institutions.

Feel free to try Mr Bialek's recommended treatments. However, have
your exit strategy ready in case they fail.

Not my but John Schneider who discovered the cancer cure and Grab Saddle.
S*

Old June 5th 12, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"Ian" napisa? w wiadomo?ci
[...]

What an utter idiot.

Who wants to try to explain to this babbling idiot that the impedance of
a capacitor is 1 / ( 2 X pi X f X C) which means if f is zero (DC) the
impedance is infinite and there is no conduction (in an ideal capacitor).

Old June 5th 12, 06:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Now I know that my body is also unique.

Especially your brain; it is totally unlike a human brain.

Old June 5th 12, 07:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 18:55:49 +0200, "Szczepan Bialek"
wrote:

J. Schneider published his results in 2006 after 15 years of experiments.
The National Cancer Institute confirmed it.
Your "alternatives" were the old ones.

The NCI doesn't confirm anything or do any research or experiments.
They're a government organization that catalogs, organizes, and
reports on other peoples and organizations research. The only place
where the NCI funds reports are for maintaining the statistical
database and running regular surveys of best practices and research
trends. I believe (not sure) that they also insist on peer reviewed
research.

Searching cancer.gov and scholar.google.com for "J. Schneider epsom
salt", I find nothing. URL please? Any double blind clinical trials?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Old June 5th 12, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Sal M. O'Nella" napisał w wiadomości

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

"Sal M. O'Nella"

The commercial power in my neighborhood has an asymmetric waveform.
Some of us have been saving the extra electrons on one-half-cycle.

The extra electrons flow into the ground. Like in your radios.
S*

True. However, to be of any future use, they must be captured before
this can happen. I'm keeping mine on a shelf in the back pantry. The
first box is nearly full.

A box is not the best condenser.
You should use the Leyden jar.
S*

The Leyden jar is small. Holds only a few dozen coulombs. Shoebox holds
hundreds and I already have plenty of shoeboxes, plus friends who have
shoeboxes. The lid needs to be taped down or the mutual repulsion of the
electrons will push it up and off.

Old June 6th 12, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

In reality the real condenser conducts (electrons are flowing) the DC but
do not AC.
In the teaching program is opposite.
S*

I'll take that into account the next time I'm connecting a bleeder across a
power supply output. Now that I know a capacitor will work ...

Old June 6th 12, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

Well, might as well go further off topic. I'll make it quick and
painless.

In about 2006, I discovered that I had prostate cancer.

I got the bad news in 2005, after several years of a rising and falling PSA
and one negative biopsy in July of 2004. I had been watching news for
prostate cancer, so I knew what the treatments were, who was using them and
what the success rates were. (Now, seven years "down the pike," things may
be different; my perspective reflects best practices as of my diagnosis.)

I opted for surgery. When my urologist asked what I wanted to do, I already
knew. I said, "I want it out with the da Vinci robot."

He said, "We have that."

I said, "I know." I had read that my provider had gotten the first robot in
San Diego earlier that year. I was referred to the surgeon who bought the
robot and was accepted as a candidate. Six weeks later, done. PSA
undetectable ever since; he got it all. Officially "cured" in another
fifteen months, eight years post-op. I was probably lucky in many regards.
The urologist was aggressive and he admitted it.

He said, "I do more biopsies than anybody I know. It means I catch more
cancers." (The biopsy has some slight pain associted with it but it's only
mildly uncomfortable. I'd take a dozen in preference to having a tooth
capped, for example."

My provider, having just gotten the robot, didn't require me to ask them to
pay for me to go off-network. My surgeon was the Chief of Surgery who had
moved up through Urology, so he had done thousands of prostatectomies. I go
back to see him every year. He's since been promoted to Chief of Staff but
he still works Urology. Great guy.

"Sal"
(KD6VKW)

Old June 6th 12, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 5-Jun-2012, "Sal M. O'Nella" wrote:

[...]

I accumulate my electrons in a RubberMade Packer box all year. The box is
big and well insulated
and also holds my Field Day radio and antennas. In June, I take it to the FD
site all charged up
and ready for Qs.
--
Ken Fowler, KO6NO
Old June 6th 12, 03:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message

[...]

Gee! I Wish I'd thought of that. I love this group -- I learn
something new every day!

Irv VE6BP :-)