Old June 1st 12, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Hopefully not off topic-link

"Rob" wrote in message
Ian wrote:
"John" wrote in message
. au...
Its why you should never leave a powerpoint switched on. You end up with
heap of electrons on the floor.
And a hole under the neutral hole.

Not if you leave a plug in the socket. That'll stop the electrons.
What about the neutrons, protons and croutons?

Croutons are especially nasty when they end up on the floor...

The commercial power in my neighborhood has an asymmetric waveform. Some of
us have been saving the extra electrons on one-half-cycle. We had a power
outage in October of last year and what we're saving now will be used if we
ever suffer another outage.

Old June 2nd 12, 08:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Sal M. O'Nella" napisał w wiadomości

"Rob" wrote in message
Ian wrote:
"John" wrote in message
. au...
Its why you should never leave a powerpoint switched on. You end up
with a
heap of electrons on the floor.
And a hole under the neutral hole.

Not if you leave a plug in the socket. That'll stop the electrons.
What about the neutrons, protons and croutons?

Croutons are especially nasty when they end up on the floor...

The commercial power in my neighborhood has an asymmetric waveform. Some
of us have been saving the extra electrons on one-half-cycle.

The extra electrons flow into the ground. Like in your radios.
S*

Old June 2nd 12, 05:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"Sal M. O'Nella" napisa? w wiadomo?ci

"Rob" wrote in message
Ian wrote:
"John" wrote in message
. au...
Its why you should never leave a powerpoint switched on. You end up
with a
heap of electrons on the floor.
And a hole under the neutral hole.

Not if you leave a plug in the socket. That'll stop the electrons.
What about the neutrons, protons and croutons?

Croutons are especially nasty when they end up on the floor...

The commercial power in my neighborhood has an asymmetric waveform. Some
of us have been saving the extra electrons on one-half-cycle.

The extra electrons flow into the ground. Like in your radios.
S*

There can't actually be a real person this blazingly, blindingly stupid.

Someone this stupid would be incapable of feeding and clothing himself.

Old June 4th 12, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

"Sal M. O'Nella"

The commercial power in my neighborhood has an asymmetric waveform. Some
of us have been saving the extra electrons on one-half-cycle.

The extra electrons flow into the ground. Like in your radios.
S*

True. However, to be of any future use, they must be captured before this
can happen. I'm keeping mine on a shelf in the back pantry. The first box
is nearly full.

Old June 5th 12, 09:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Sal M. O'Nella" napisał w wiadomości

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

"Sal M. O'Nella"

The commercial power in my neighborhood has an asymmetric waveform.
Some of us have been saving the extra electrons on one-half-cycle.

The extra electrons flow into the ground. Like in your radios.
S*

True. However, to be of any future use, they must be captured before this
can happen. I'm keeping mine on a shelf in the back pantry. The first
box is nearly full.

A box is not the best condenser.
You should use the Leyden jar.
S*

Old June 5th 12, 10:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .
A box is not the best condenser.

You should use the Leyden jar.
S*

How about a nice modern compact capacitor?

Regards, Ian.

Old June 5th 12, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .
A box is not the best condenser.

You should use the Leyden jar.
S*

How about a nice modern compact capacitor?

It should be with the low leakage. The Leyden jar has a thick insulation.
And,

"Any type of capacitor may develop excessive leakage if the capacitor is
subjected to excessive applied voltage or high-voltage spikes."

..It was known in Marconi time:
"It is now perfectly well known that a condenser, if large enough, does not
prevent the passage of high frequency oscillations, and therefore in these
cases
the earth is for all practical purposes connected to the antennae." (Marconi
1909).

In reality the real condenser conducts (electrons are flowing) the DC but do
not AC.
In the teaching program is opposite.
S*

Old June 5th 12, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"Ian" napisa? w wiadomo?ci
[...]

What an utter idiot.

Who wants to try to explain to this babbling idiot that the impedance of
a capacitor is 1 / ( 2 X pi X f X C) which means if f is zero (DC) the
impedance is infinite and there is no conduction (in an ideal capacitor).

Old June 6th 12, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

In reality the real condenser conducts (electrons are flowing) the DC but
do not AC.
In the teaching program is opposite.
S*

I'll take that into account the next time I'm connecting a bleeder across a
power supply output. Now that I know a capacitor will work ...

Old June 5th 12, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .

"Sal M. O'Nella" napisał w wiadomości

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

"Sal M. O'Nella"

The commercial power in my neighborhood has an asymmetric waveform.
Some of us have been saving the extra electrons on one-half-cycle.

The extra electrons flow into the ground. Like in your radios.
S*

True. However, to be of any future use, they must be captured before
this can happen. I'm keeping mine on a shelf in the back pantry. The
first box is nearly full.

A box is not the best condenser.
You should use the Leyden jar.
S*

The Leyden jar is small. Holds only a few dozen coulombs. Shoebox holds
hundreds and I already have plenty of shoeboxes, plus friends who have
shoeboxes. The lid needs to be taped down or the mutual repulsion of the
electrons will push it up and off.