Old July 28th 12, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default UK earthling - was: Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

AC is in oscillating circuit (closed circuit). RF current is in an antenna
(open circuit).
S*

Oh dear. Szczepan must realise that what he's written is nonsense. He's
deliberately writing it to have a laugh, isn't he (and that's a statement,
not a question). I think he's gone a bit far with at one.

Regards, Ian

Old July 28th 12, 10:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

napisa? w wiadomo?ci
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"Electric currents that oscillate at radio frequencies have special
properties not shared by direct current or alternating current of lower
frequencies. The energy in an RF current can radiate off a conductor into
space as electromagnetic waves (radio waves); this is the basis of radio
technology."

Wrong, AC at ANY frequency can radiate off a conductor into space as
electromagnetic waves.

AC is in oscillating circuit (closed circuit). RF current is in an antenna
(open circuit).
S*

Wrong again, moron.

AC means Alternating Current as opposed to DC or Direct Current.

RF means Radio Frequency and is generally used to the AC that is being
received by a receiver or transmitted by a transmitter.

None of these terms has anything to do with open or closed circuits.

You are an ignorant, babbling, ineducable idiot who knows absolutely
NOTHING about how anything works.

Old July 29th 12, 06:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Saturday, July 28, 2012 2:15:21 PM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
AC is in oscillating circuit (closed circuit). RF current is in an antenna (open circuit).

RF *IS* AC.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
Old July 29th 12, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sunday, July 29, 2012 12:59:42 AM UTC-5, W5DXP wrote:
RF *IS* AC.

As a matter of fact, if one builds a 1/2WL dipole for 60 Hz (~1553 miles long), it will obey the same laws of physics that a 1/2WL dipole at 60 MHz does.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
Old July 29th 12, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 7/29/2012 10:02 AM, W5DXP wrote:
On Sunday, July 29, 2012 12:59:42 AM UTC-5, W5DXP wrote:
RF *IS* AC.

As a matter of fact, if one builds a 1/2WL dipole for 60 Hz (~1553 miles long), it will obey the same laws of physics that a 1/2WL dipole at 60 MHz does.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Hummmm.. Looks like the end of one my antenna legs is drooping..
I better book a Southwest flight so I can go check it out... :|

Old July 29th 12, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"W5DXP" napisal w wiadomosci
On Saturday, July 28, 2012 2:15:21 PM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
AC is in oscillating circuit (closed circuit). RF current is in an
antenna (open circuit).

RF *IS* AC.

Yes. But RF CURRENT is: " "Electric currents that oscillate at radio
frequencies have special
properties not shared by direct current or alternating current of lower
frequencies. The energy in an RF current can radiate off a conductor into
space as electromagnetic waves (radio waves); this is the basis of radio
technology."

Now are also ULF transmitters (30Hz). So the above is not precise.
What decide that "an RF current can radiate off a conductor into space"?
S*

Old July 29th 12, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"W5DXP" napisal w wiadomosci
On Saturday, July 28, 2012 2:15:21 PM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
AC is in oscillating circuit (closed circuit). RF current is in an
antenna (open circuit).

RF *IS* AC.

Yes. But RF CURRENT is: " "Electric currents that oscillate at radio
frequencies have special
properties not shared by direct current or alternating current of lower
frequencies. The energy in an RF current can radiate off a conductor into
space as electromagnetic waves (radio waves); this is the basis of radio
technology."

Where ever you got this piece of trash quote, it is wrong just like all
your ancient quotes from over a hundred years ago.

AC of any frequency can radiate off a conductor into space as
electromagnetic waves.

Now are also ULF transmitters (30Hz). So the above is not precise.
What decide that "an RF current can radiate off a conductor into space"?

That the AC is applied to an appropriate antenna.

That is the purpose of an antenna, to convert AC into electromagnetic waves.

For the third time, AC of any frequency can radiate off a conductor into
space as electromagnetic waves.

There is no minimum frequency.

Old July 30th 12, 08:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

napisał w wiadomości
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

AC of any frequency can radiate off a conductor into space as
electromagnetic waves.

The condenser also radiate?
http://educypedia.karadimov.info/lib...entstehung.gif

Now are also ULF transmitters (30Hz). So the above is not precise.
What decide that "an RF current can radiate off a conductor into space"?

That the AC is applied to an appropriate antenna.

What the appropriate antenna looks like?

That is the purpose of an antenna, to convert AC into electromagnetic
waves.

For the third time, AC of any frequency can radiate off a conductor into
space as electromagnetic waves.

There is no minimum frequency.

Is an antenna the open circuit?
S*

Old July 30th 12, 10:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

AC of any frequency can radiate off a conductor into space as
electromagnetic waves.

The condenser also radiate?
http://educypedia.karadimov.info/lib...entstehung.gif

Now are also ULF transmitters (30Hz). So the above is not precise.
What decide that "an RF current can radiate off a conductor into
space"?

That the AC is applied to an appropriate antenna.

What the appropriate antenna looks like?
That is the purpose of an antenna, to convert AC into electromagnetic
waves.

For the third time, AC of any frequency can radiate off a conductor into
space as electromagnetic waves. There is no minimum frequency.

Is an antenna the open circuit?
S*

Hello Szczepan.
" The condenser also radiate? "
Try asking on sci.physics.electromag. If the diagram is trying to equate a
capacitor to an antenna then I'd not agree with that at all.
" What the appropriate antenna looks like?"
It would be an antenna that matches to the transmitter. You wouldn't use an
antenna that is a mismatch as this would defeat the purpose of the antenna.
" Is an antenna the open circuit?"
From my viewpoint it is not. "Open circuit" = "no current" and we know that
antennas carry a current.

Several postings have recommended that you acquire a textbook. I have a
suspicion that you already have one ....

Regards, Ian.

Old July 30th 12, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
[...]

It is known from Hertz experiment. He used plates or balls.
Of course the plates are as on the diagram.

" What the appropriate antenna looks like?"
It would be an antenna that matches to the transmitter. You wouldn't use
an
antenna that is a mismatch as this would defeat the purpose of the
antenna.
" Is an antenna the open circuit?"
From my viewpoint it is not. "Open circuit" = "no current" and we know
that
antennas carry a current.

"Well, the antenna end, we have an Open Circuit - so the point with the
Highest Voltage"
From: http://www.telecomhall.com/what-is-antenna.aspx
S*