Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 5th 12, 03:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Ringo Ranger Problems

On 9/4/2012 6:23 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
To be blunt with you, Get the instructions for it. The thing is

suspose to
be about 18 feet long. Not 9 feet or 11 feet 6 inches.

He is also mislabeling the names of the various antennas, and
makes it hard to tell what the heck he really has..
A Ringo Ranger is a VHF or UHF antenna, and is a twin element
collinear vertical. It has a phasing stub type deal between the
two elements. The 2 meter version happens to be about 8.75 ft tall.
A Ringo is a single element halfwave vertical. And Cushcraft does/did
make a 10m version. It's the AR-10, and is appx 16 feet tall.
So I'm starting to wonder if they are using a 2 meter antenna for
10 meters.. ??
It would be fairly easy to convert the RR to a 10m ringo..
Extend to 16 feet, and you would need to use a larger gamma loop,
and a bit longer piece of coax for the capacitor.
I've made them before, and used 1/4 inch copper tubing to make the
gamma loop.
BTW, a 10 meter ringo does not require radials. But it can be
further improved by adding a decoupling section a 1/4 wave down
from the feed point. I used a union to ground the shield to the
metal mast at that point, and had three 1/4 wave radials.

Ringo Ranger ARX2 vs ARX2b Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R Antenna 7 September 15th 09 04:31 AM
Ringo Ranger II Harbin Antenna 6 November 16th 04 08:18 AM
ARX2B Ringo Ranger Theplanters95 Antenna 13 October 24th 04 04:20 AM
WTB: Ringo Ranger II Edflicek Swap 0 January 11th 04 05:23 PM
Cushcraft Ringo Ranger II Dave Platt Antenna 0 July 10th 03 02:41 AM