Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 5th 13, 04:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Homebrew Coil Form Factor

I wonder how much difference it would make if I were to
build a loading coil on a piece of 3''x3" wood? It would be
very easy and I could suspend the winding above the wood
form with plastic dowel glued on each corner of the wood.

I could also make a similar coil using PVC pipe. Even in that
case the winding would have a somewhat rectangular form
factor.

It wouldn't be air core considering that it would be over
wood (dry and waterproofed) or PVC pipe.

I do require the structure be relatively strong or I
would wind the coil, put epoxy glue strips along it
to make it like AirDux and the like.

Any comments or suggestions??

Irv VE6BP

National SW-3 coil form pinout Bill Boatanchors 0 October 4th 05 03:12 PM
Homebrew Web Site, New Homebrew PODCAST [email protected] Homebrew 1 August 28th 05 01:12 PM
Lennie's Back In Form...Old Rant's...Same Form... K4YZ Policy 18 May 12th 05 11:59 PM
XR-50 coil form oh5rm Homebrew 3 October 13th 04 07:47 AM
Form factor for inductances Art Unwin KB9MZ Antenna 12 January 9th 04 06:43 AM