Old August 30th 14, 12:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default The 80 mtr. band is not usable anymore among others.

First have a look at this:

http://s29.postimg.org/rih6htoon/spe...2014_11_00.jpg

Since years this is happening. Signals are 20 to 30 dB's to weak from their
usual behavior. Even longwave broadcasters fall short of range since many years.
The ionosphere is ruined by the sun.

..

Old August 30th 14, 06:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wwv inc. wrote:

First have a look at this:

http://s29.postimg.org/rih6htoon/spe...2014_11_00.jpg

Since years this is happening. Signals are 20 to 30 dB's to weak from their
usual behavior. Even longwave broadcasters fall short of range since many years.
The ionosphere is ruined by the sun.

Something a bit more usefull:

http://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html

--
Jim Pennino
Old August 30th 14, 07:50 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
wwv inc. wrote:

First have a look at this:

http://s29.postimg.org/rih6htoon/spe...2014_11_00.jpg

Since years this is happening. Signals are 20 to 30 dB's to weak from their
usual behavior. Even long-wave broadcasters fall short of range since many years.
The ionosphere is ruined by the sun.

Something a bit more useful:

http://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html

--
Jim Pennino
The Earth is a torrid, it spins around the sun and the whole universe is traveling somewhere at break neck speed. Nothing stays the same.
Radio is dependent upon many things, some of which we control - how much noise we make, and some of which we cannot control - emissions from the sun to name one.

As we add more and more noise pollution to our environment - cell phone towers, transformers for light bulbs,all the crap the government is doing on the ground and in space - it's just a matter of time before the whole HF becomes useless.

As long as it doesn't interfere with the government making money and the cell phone people making money and the kids with their handheld devices - no one cares.

Eventually amateur radio will be nothing more then a part of radio history and no one will need or have a license to do it, because the kids don't want to get involved and the old people are dying off and the frequency spectrum could be used for more profitable means.
The only thing that keeps this from happening is the other countries in the ITU - International Telegraph Union..
3rd world countries still has a use for HF radio.
Although cell phones and cell phone technology in the world has grown exponentially in the past 10 years.
__________________
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...
Old August 30th 14, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Channel Jumper wrote:

;824267 Wrote:
wwv inc.
wrote:-

First have a look at this:

http://s29.postimg.org/rih6htoon/spe...2014_11_00.jpg

Since years this is happening. Signals are 20 to 30 dB's to weak from
their
usual behavior. Even long-wave broadcasters fall short of range since
many years.
The ionosphere is ruined by the sun.-

Something a bit more useful:

http://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html

--
Jim Pennino

The Earth is a torrid, it spins around the sun and the whole universe is
traveling somewhere at break neck speed. Nothing stays the same.
Radio is dependent upon many things, some of which we control - how much
noise we make, and some of which we cannot control - emissions from the
sun to name one.

Ice cream has no bones.

As we add more and more noise pollution to our environment - cell phone
towers, transformers for light bulbs,all the crap the government is
doing on the ground and in space - it's just a matter of time before the
whole HF becomes useless.

HF has little to nothing to do with anything you mentiones.

snip remaining babble

--
Jim Pennino