Old October 27th 14, 09:38 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Big G at it again in .antenna

"gareth" wrote in message
... by identifying your duffering,

actually a typo for suffering with s being the adjacent key to d,

But, on the other hand, with STC's lamentable (for a radio amateur)
technical acumen, perhaps it wasn't a typo?

Old October 28th 14, 05:41 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:33:45 +0000, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

Radiohead70 wrote:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:12:28 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

In message , Brian Reay
writes

Which is why I make a point of not replying to Evans.

Maybe not directly, but where possible, I'd also try to refrain from
making unnecessary references to historical events - except maybe (for
example) when engaged in light-hearted banter and general humorous
skit.
However, even this may be interpreted by some as being personal
attacks.

Are you saying that we should treat him as we would a loony on a bus?

Yes, that's right Gareth. That's how he's saying we should treat you.

If you really do believe that's gareth (I'm pretty sure it isn't) aren't
you breaking the hypocritical oaf by abandoning the shun and speaking to
him directly?
Old October 28th 14, 08:17 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 10/27/2014 4:45 AM, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message
, Brian
Reay writes
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

There are moderated groups where he can't get up to his tricks.

You've seen his false attempts at technical threads, they are no more
than vehicles for abuse, as you've seen.

Brian,

Actually, I do think they are attempts of technical threads, within his
limited capacity of understanding. But they quickly result in abusive

His understanding is certainly limited, there is other evidence to
support
that, but as for attempts at
improving understanding, why does recycle the same topics again and
again?
Some have been around the block several times, even though they have been
explained. He makes no attempt to digest the responses he receives,
beyond
twisting highlights to further his barrage of abuse. Why is this obvious?
Well, he rubbishes perfectly valid answers and even, on occasions,
goes on
to rewrite history as if he has 'found a book' which explains things.

The question is, why?

Do a search for Westinghouse in the archive of uk.railway

I really think that Rick's advice is best,

Here is a guy I think I can like...

although I wouldn't go as far
as to "treat him as if he were the devil incarnate and refuse to even
look his way much less mention his name".

Well, I guess that took a left turn...

He has, on the odd occasion,
some very valid points to make.

Yes, you are very right.

However, you have to be careful, as this is sometimes just a ploy
(conscious or otherwise) to draw you into what you think is a normal,
civilised discussion, and it rapidly turns out not to be. The important
thing is not prolong pointless arguments, otherwise you risk getting
tarred with the same brush.

Yes, that is the entire point. But I wouldn't use the term, "prolong",
I would suggest that people just be aware that much of what Gareth posts
will be pointing in the direction of an irrational argument and only
responding to the rational parts.

Even all this blather about ignoring or not ignoring is getting very
tedious.

I seem to recall I came to this group a couple of years ago hoping to
learn about loop antennas. Maybe I should start a thread...

--

Rick
Old October 28th 14, 10:07 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"gareth" wrote in message
"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo , FranK Turner-Smith
G3VKI escribió:

Beanie, exactly WHAT do you think you have that anybody may envy?
Your 3 digit BMI, perhaps, or your 1 digit IQ?

More like a 3-digit RSI from too much wanking.

You say that you are in regular touch with the We'll ****e (All over you)
conplodulary
so why not apply to join their ranks as you exhibit the same aggressive,
anti-social
and infantile attitudes that is the mark of their mien.

Beanie, you still haven't answered my question regarding of which of your
attributes you think I may be envious.
Your written RAE pass? I got one a couple of years before you.
Your 12wpm Morse pass? I got one a long time before you.
Your G4? Why, when I have a G3?
Your (un)employment history? Nope.
Your pension plan? Mine's OK, thanks.
That only leaves your BMI, and I don't envy that.
--
;-)
..