Old January 10th 05, 01:17 PM
Airy R.Bean

It depends on each council - many of them have delegated
powers for minor permissions to the officers. If you google on such,
you find a large number of minutes of meetings when the
delegation was voted in.

"Ian White, G3SEK" wrote in message
Actually Planning Officers have more discretion about "minor
developments" than they will readily admit to.

Old January 10th 05, 01:54 PM
tox

"G1LVN" wrote in message
oups.com...

Can I insist that my neighbour removes the two 80 foot oak trees he has
grown in his garden?

If your neighbour 'has grown' two 80 foot oak trees, he must have some
pretty spectacular manure...Probably, recycled 'Airy Bean' postings ;-)

Regards
tox

Old January 10th 05, 07:51 PM
Airy R.Bean

Further thoughts....

In order to be able to both release and then fold up the
antenna, a mechanism based on two tendons, not too
dissimilar to the human knee and elbow joints would be
required.

Consider the flexing effect of each of your fingers - one
tendon at the back and one at the front.

And in order to maintain good RF contact across the joint,
perhaps the use of braid recovered from coax cable?

"Airy R. Bean" wrote in message
Could we conceive of an antenna, even possible an HF beam, that
folds away into a single rod-like structure when not in use?

Old January 10th 05, 08:08 PM
Jock.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:54:17 GMT, "tox" wrote:

"G1LVN" wrote in message
roups.com...

Can I insist that my neighbour removes the two 80 foot oak trees he has
grown in his garden?

If your neighbour 'has grown' two 80 foot oak trees, he must have some
pretty spectacular manure...Probably, recycled 'Airy Bean' postings ;-)

And has been around for some considerable time presumably.

Jock.

--

"The graveyards are full of indispensable men."
- Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970)
Old January 10th 05, 10:18 PM
David Edmonds

Airy R.Bean wrote:

And in order to maintain good RF contact across the joint,
perhaps the use of braid recovered from coax cable?

Be nice to see the effect the weather would have on the braid though
after a few months - turn it nice and black.

David.

Old January 10th 05, 11:47 PM
Nimrod

"David Edmonds" wrote in message
Airy R.Bean wrote:

And in order to maintain good RF contact across the joint,
perhaps the use of braid recovered from coax cable?

Be nice to see the effect the weather would have on the braid though
after a few months - turn it nice and black.

Another one of Gareth's not so good ideas.

Gareth, has ANYTHING of yours even worked?

Old January 11th 05, 12:06 AM
James Bond

do i have this read right?

you're planning to go down to the cemetry, dig up the dead bodies and chop
off their legs and arms so you can use their two tendons for raising and
lowering your mast?

great stuff beanie, you've surpassed yourself this time!

dr. x

Old January 11th 05, 03:25 PM
G1LVN

Thanks for that. Pretty useful those trees then. There are a number of
large trees in the village and have to be very big to survive the winds
at this altitude. Not sure how a tower would fair up here - and
probably not necessary according to some coverage map simulations I've
been doing - http://home.btconnect.com/g1lvn/eqso/maps/

Old January 11th 05, 03:28 PM
G1LVN

It's the altitude, only the big ones can cope with the near constant
winds up here - the little ones just get uprooted. There are at least 3
over 80ft.

Old January 11th 05, 11:54 PM
M5WJF@GB7MAX.#28.GBR.EU

G1LVN wrote:
Thanks for that. Pretty useful those trees then. There are a number of
large trees in the village and have to be very big to survive the winds
at this altitude. Not sure how a tower would fair up here - and
probably not necessary according to some coverage map simulations I've
been doing - http://home.btconnect.com/g1lvn/eqso/maps/

Interesting projections/simulations, how did you make these maps?

I'm interested in producing maps of such detail for various locations
across the West Midlands Region.

M5WJF