Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th 03, 06:26 PM
Roy Lewallen

Anyone who understands basic circuit theory knows this. But that doesn't
include a number of the participants of this newsgroup. Otherwise, the
thread would have been about two postings long.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Jack Smith wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:50:55 -0800, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

Ok. So far, we have your calculation that the output current should be
5% smaller, and 18 degrees shifted in phase (lagging, I presume) from
the input; and Cecil's, that the output current should equal the
current, both in phase and magnitude. I don't know if Richard is going
to do the calculation or not, so I'll wait a little longer. Anyone else
like to hazard a prediction?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

(1) Input current = output current
(2) No phase shift.

If you model the circuit using the lumped values for the antenna R and
jX components it's easy to see this.

Anyone not believing this can try modeling the base inductor as:
O----[0.3 ohms R']--[+j192 ohms]---[0.3 ohms R'']----0
Put current through it using your favorite SPICE simulator and compare
the current through the R' and the R''. The two plots coincide.

Jack K8ZOA

Smith Chart Quiz Radio913 Antenna 315 October 21st 03 05:31 AM
Eznec modeling loading coils? Roy Lewallen Antenna 11 August 18th 03 02:40 AM