Old April 30th 05, 05:32 AM
John Smith

Yes, we have a precise measurement of that exact moment!!! (when the Earth
began its' first revolution!!!)

Ahhh, you can tell I am joking--it took a few "revolutions" for the Earth to
form... and at that time--back then--we were actually measuring time in
"planet formings" (PF) and "birth of stars" (BOS) any way, we only switched
to the new system in the upper B.C. period of Earth. grin

Warmest regards,
John

Old April 30th 05, 05:45 AM
John Smith

Oh yeah, and I DO have the exact date of the big bang, you can pass it on to
the scientists for me--0 B.O.S. (Zero Birth Of Star)
Just a hair before the first star forming.... grin

Regards,
John

Old April 30th 05, 06:09 AM
Reg Edwards

"Cecil Moore" asks -
Did time exist before man?

============================

Entirely insignificant mankind could not possibly have had any
influence on the course of the Universe.
----
Reg

Old April 30th 05, 06:30 AM
John Smith

John Smith looks at Reg--sideways, with a slack jaw

Old April 30th 05, 01:44 PM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
You surprise me, Einstein thought, eventually, one equation would be found,
probably about one-inch long--which would explain all...
You follow in his footsteps, you are adept at seeing relationships!!!!

If one just takes existence at face value, one lives closer
to that which actually exists. Time, like language, may
be just a human characteristic. Ever try to talk about
time without using time-sensitive words, e.g. the tenses
of verbs? :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old April 30th 05, 01:47 PM
Robert Myers

Hi John,

You are thinking too much.

You sound clinically obsessive/manic in your overly expansive ideations that you appear to (truly) believe are NOT overly expansive at all, but rather are incredibly brilliant insights, or observations and ideas, that you feel absolutely MUST be shared with all of us --- immediately. The basis for that type of behavior has been studied and written about more than, dare I say, even the Balun. Take a break from it all. Stop talking to US about these things, because we aren't the ones you need. Talk to someone one-on-one that can help you out.

Regards,
--- Rob

John Smith wrote:

Let me give you my "Mental Model."

There is no such thing as "cold."
There is no such thing as "heat." (there is infrared radiation--i.e. a
frequency(s) of vibration of atoms)
Cold is the absence of heat, absolute cold (absolute zero) is a single
measurement of one state of heat (vibration/movement of atomic
particles)--NONE!
Heat (hot) is really a measurement of the state of exicted atomic/sub-atomic
particles movement, and of that movement producing "heat" through the
friction produced by the movement of these atomic particles...

Next, there is no such thing as "time!" Time is simply a measurement of
movement! Indeed, our time is based on the rotation of the sun and
planets... (atomic time on the decay of a radioactive substance--but again,
physical change and movement!)

I realize that specific "mental models" have been created, taught, adopted
and followed (too religiously if you ask me!) for discussing and describing
"radio." However, most of these are far from "real things!"

Warmest regards,
John

Old April 30th 05, 01:53 PM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
Yes, we have a precise measurement of that exact moment!!! (when the Earth
began its' first revolution!!!)

Precisely 4.5 billion years ago. :-) Strange as it may seem,
there is evidence, gathered by comparing Bristlecone Pine
rings to atomic dating methods, that a second today is
shorter than a second was yesterday. Shortening the length
of a second gives a whole new meaning to the Red Shift.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old April 30th 05, 02:05 PM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
Oh yeah, and I DO have the exact date of the big bang, you can pass it on to
the scientists for me--0 B.O.S. (Zero Birth Of Star)
Just a hair before the first star forming.... grin

It probably took more than a hair from the Big Bang until the
first hydrogen atom formed and some time from that point until
the first star ignited. And the entire universe was opaque
until Mother Nature said, "Let there be light!" :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old April 30th 05, 02:23 PM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:

"Cecil Moore" asks -
Did time exist before man?

Entirely insignificant mankind could not possibly have had any
influence on the course of the Universe.

That's exactly what I am saying, Reg. Before man, the
universe got along just fine without the existence of
time. Why does the universe need time now that we are
here?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old April 30th 05, 05:35 PM
John Smith

Yes Cecil, I concede your point, just poking a bit of fun--I am sure your
explanation is just as possible, if not more possible...

However, back then, God was probably measuring time in "universe creations!"
If you think about it, in such a time frame "hair" may be an accurate
description... grin

But, I am not sure the big bang only left free neutrons and electrons (which
had to form atoms)--I was thinking more "whole atoms" of some type...

Warmest regards,

John