RadioBanter

-   -   Reflector Vs Director (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/70696-reflector-vs-director.html)

John Smith May 12th 05 09:31 PM

Cecil:

It that mirror or yours working correctly? Did you try hanging it upside
down? You don't live below the equator do you? Cause, yanno, water spins
one way going down a drain in the northern, opposite in the
southern--somethin' 'bout gravity--or the warping of the ether... grin

Warmest regards,
John
--
Sit down the six-pack!!! STEP AWAY!!! ...and go do something...

News==----
| http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

Richard Clark May 12th 05 10:41 PM

On Thu, 12 May 2005 10:04:12 -0700, Jim Kelley
wrote:

You need to define the particular aspect being conjugated. For example,

Hi Jim,

In fact I don't (which is the whole point of ANY characteristic being
conjugated) because it doesn't matter. There is no aspect (of what
you observe) that is without its conjugate being mirrored. However,
your presumption:
the person I see in the mirror appears to be right handed.

already disqualifies your answer.

The "effluvium" as you described it, was literally true, and
necessary. Being ignored, it has precipitated my projected
expectation:
... Computation of gain comes with the answer (and in all
likelihood so will considerable error).

The "effluvium" as you described it, was literally true as the
discussion (also anticipated) has been reduced to the frame of the
mirror (as so commonly happens in these threads) while abandoning the
substance of the conjugate mirror. This, of course, compounds the
observation above about the rapid descent into errant discussion.

Anyway, the original challenge:
What would you see if you looked into a conjugate mirror?
is meaningful within the context of the Subject line, but perhaps is a
bit too abstract (after all, it does require a knowledge of sight and
conjugation, not a simple coupling of experience). For those who
fear Shakespeare, there is only one three syllable word.

Someone may yet stumble on the answer. ;-)

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

John Smith May 12th 05 10:49 PM

"John Smith wonders if Richard is really Shakespeare reincarnated--and, was
Shakespeare a Hindu, like Cecil?"

Warmest regards,
John

Cecil Moore May 13th 05 01:23 AM

Richard Clark wrote:
What would you see if you looked into a conjugate mirror?

Please specify the system.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

John Smith May 13th 05 01:46 AM

Richard:

I am confused... is "conjugate mirror" used in regards or "isogamic
copulation" or "orgasmic copulation"--and does this involve mirrors on the
ceiling?

If so, a younger guy(s) and/or gal(s) may be needed here... grin

And, really, I wondering if a definition can be given in mixed company!!!!

Warmest regards,
John

John Smith May 13th 05 02:16 AM

Asimov:

Then:

If I were shrunk to the size were an atom is the size of an orange and, I am
holding it in my hand--and I look over at the next closest atom, in the
block of lead I am standing in, and it appears to be about a football field
length away... and if we agree on the preceeding... I have a LOT of this
"free energy" and "virtual photons" in my body--correct?

Indeed, my antenna has a LOT of it, in its' metal, does it not? And, it is
swimming in it, is it not? And, if so, kinda strange no formula takes that
into account, right?

Warmest regards,
John

--
Sit down the six-pack!!! STEP AWAY!!! ...and go do something...

"Asimov" wrote in message
"John Smith" bravely wrote to "All" (12 May 05 08:02:11)
--- on the heady topic of " Reflector Vs Director"

JS Reply-To: "John Smith"
JS Xref: aeinews rec.radio.amateur.antenna:30186

JS If I place a piece of paper over a magnet--gently sprinkle iron powder
JS over the paper--I see lines--claimed to be a "magnetic field"....

JS ... do you think these "lines" are photons (waves?)shooting from one
JS end of the magnet to the other (of course they would actually be lying
JS outside the metal of the magnet in a "static" state).... or is this
JS iron powder a "warping" of the ether I am looking at?

The lines are the after-effects of placing the iron powder in the path
of "virtual" photons. These are photons that exist too briefly to be
detected. Spacetime is not an empty vacuum but is a frothing of energy
and virtual particles of all kinds. The virtual photons responsible
for the observed permanent magnet's field travel only a small fraction
of a wavelength but their wavelength is almost infinite.
(i.e. c/F=infinite, when F=zero).

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... "If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?" -George Carlin

Richard Clark May 13th 05 06:58 AM

On Thu, 12 May 2005 17:46:17 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:
I am confused

This was not unexpected.

Richard Clark May 13th 05 06:59 AM

On Thu, 12 May 2005 19:23:55 -0500, Cecil Moore
wrote:
Please specify the system.

Further elaboration is unnecessary.

Cecil Moore May 13th 05 01:21 PM

Richard Clark wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Please specify the system.

Further elaboration is unnecessary.

OK, the answer is that if the conjugate mirror involves RF
waves, as it does in "Reflections", you would see nothing.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Asimov May 13th 05 03:27 PM

"John Smith" bravely wrote to "All" (12 May 05 18:16:40)
--- on the heady topic of " Reflector Vs Director"

JS Reply-To: "John Smith"
JS Xref: aeinews rec.radio.amateur.antenna:30219

JS Asimov:

JS Then:

JS If I were shrunk to the size were an atom is the size of an orange
JS and, I am holding it in my hand--and I look over at the next closest
JS atom, in the block of lead I am standing in, and it appears to be
JS about a football field length away... and if we agree on the
JS preceeding... I have a LOT of this "free energy" and "virtual photons"
JS in my body--correct?
JS Indeed, my antenna has a LOT of it, in its' metal, does it not? And,
JS it is swimming in it, is it not? And, if so, kinda strange no formula
JS takes that into account, right?

Yes there is but the average net result of this energy is always zero.
However, it can be detected as the Casimir Effect, Lamb Shift, and Van
de Waals Forces which arise from the random motions of electrons. Some
people have even described this effect as responsible for Dark Energy
or Zero Point Energy, Fermi Sea, Quantum Ocean, or whatever
descriptive term you like best. Some have speculated it is also
responsible for the observed accelerating expansion of the universe.

Some explanations--

Lamb Shift:

" The effect of virtual particles can be measured, and in fact won a
nobel prize for the physicist who did. the lamb shift is the shift
in the spectrum of an electron around a nucleus caused by virtual
particles swarming around it.
"

Casimir Effect:

"
The following comes from the Usenet Physics FAQ
(http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/faq.html) and includes some