Old July 27th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default neighborhood antenna restrictions

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:50:29 GMT, "Ken Finney"
wrote:

I believe President Bush just signed a law preventing subdivisions/HOAs from
prohibiting flagpoles. Sounds like a flagpole antenna now trumps
subdivisions/HOAs!

H. R. 42

One Hundred Ninth Congress
of the
United States of America
AT THE SECOND SESSION

Begun and held at the City of Washington on Tuesday, the third day of
January, two thousand and six

An Act
To ensure that the right of an individual to display the flag of the
United States on residential property not be abridged.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United
States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the ``Freedom to Display the American Flag
Act of 2005''.

SEC. 2. DEFINITIONS.
For purposes of this Act--
(1) the term ``flag of the United States'' has the meaning given the
term ``flag, standard, colors, or ensign'' under section 3 of title 4,
United States Code;
(2) the terms ``condominium association'' and ``cooperative
association'' have the meanings given such terms under section 604 of
Public Law 96399 (15 U.S.C. 3603);
(3) the term ``residential real estate management association'' has
the meaning given such term under section 528 of the Internal Revenue
Code of 1986 (26 U.S.C. 528); and
(4) the term ``member''--
(A) as used with respect to a condominium association, means an
owner of a condominium unit (as defined under section 604 of Public
Law 96399 (15 U.S.C. 3603)) within such association;
(B) as used with respect to a cooperative association, means a
cooperative unit owner (as defined under section 604 of Public Law
96399 (15 U.S.C. 3603)) within such association; and
(C) as used with respect to a residential real estate management
association, means an owner of a residential property within a
subdivision, development, or similar area subject to any policy or
restriction adopted by such associa tion.

SEC. 3. RIGHT TO DISPLAY THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES.
A condominium association, cooperative association, or residential
real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any
policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent a
member of the association from displaying the flag of the United
States on residential property within the association with respect to
which such member has a separate ownership interest or a right to
exclusive possession or use.

SEC. 4. LIMITATIONS. H. R. 42--2
Nothing in this Act shall be considered to permit any display
or use that is inconsistent with--
(1) any provision of chapter 1 of title 4, United States Code, or any
rule or custom pertaining to the proper display or use of the flag of
the United States (as established pursuant to such chapter or any
otherwise applicable provision of law);
or
(2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time, place, or
manner of displaying the flag of the United States necessary to
protect a substantial interest of the condominium association,
cooperative association, or residential real estate management
association.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old July 28th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I dont see the word flagpole anywhere in this legislation...just
flag....HOA's can make a law that flags will be on a 4 foot rod if they
want....and can even tell you what SIZE flag your allowed!

But yea ...you can fly Old Glory!

This law really dont help that much.

Old July 28th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dr Shorza Gitchigoomie also wrote about Useing
"Negative Resistance" to do the Contra Polar
Energy thing. Funny, I could never get these to
work the way he described them (think was about 14
at the time)! That was CQ's premier "Engineer"!
Jim NN7K

Bill Turner wrote:

There was an article in QST about underground antennas. It might have
been an April fool's article but it was so long ago I don't remember
for sure. I was 14 or 15 and anything seemed possible. :-)

Back in the '50's, Larsen E. Rapp got me with one of those
articles. He said we could create an "amplitude discriminator"
with "back to back limiters". That way, we could simply
discriminate by tuning out the strong signal and tuning
in the weak signal. I asked W5OLV how to build back to
back limiters. He couldn't stop laughing.

I still like to think about an article in "Popular Electronics" back in
the late 50's or early 60's about "CONTRA POLAR ENERGY". This principal
worked in the exact opposite manner to regular energy: electric lamps
absorbed light, heaters froze etc. It got me for many years until
someone queried PE about it years later. The cat was let out out the
bag. To bad it was an interesting concept.

Dave N

Old July 28th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Irv Finkleman wrote:
"David G. Nagel" wrote:

I still like to think about an article in "Popular Electronics" back in
the late 50's or early 60's about "CONTRA POLAR ENERGY". This principal
worked in the exact opposite manner to regular energy: electric lamps
absorbed light, heaters froze etc. It got me for many years until
someone queried PE about it years later. The cat was let out out the
bag. To bad it was an interesting concept.

Dave N

It was around 1954 -- I was just getting into electronics and had
built my first crystal set! Boy! Was I ever gullible then!

Irv VE6BP

--------------------------------------
Visit my HomePage at http://members.shaw.ca/finkirv/index.html
Visit my Baby Sofia website at http://members.shaw.ca/finkirv4/index.htm
Visit my OLDTIMERS website at http://members.shaw.ca/finkirv5/index.htm
--------------------
Irv Finkleman,
Grampa/Ex-Navy/Old Fart/Ham Radio VE6BP
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

We should know now what we knew then. HI HI....

Dave
Old July 28th 06, 07:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:24:27 -0400, "Rayburn"
wrote:

I dont see the word flagpole anywhere in this legislation...just
flag....HOA's can make a law that flags will be on a 4 foot rod if they
want....and can even tell you what SIZE flag your allowed!

Hi OM,

Quite true.

But yea ...you can fly Old Glory!

And I've seen how abysmally our flag is treated by far too many
suburban patriots. Some literally torn to shreds on flagpoles, others
faded with age, yet more as dirty as diapers. Far too many flown at
night.

The flag has become more a soiled bib announcing a tailgate picnic
than a matter of pride.

This law really dont help that much.

Consider the source, how many of our "legislator's" have actually
stood in arms under that flag? Half their constituency would be
behind bars for desecration if the current laws were enforced.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC (having served in many color guards)

Old July 28th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Clark wrote:
Consider the source, how many of our "legislator's" have actually
stood in arms under that flag? Half their constituency would be
behind bars for desecration if the current laws were enforced.

If the current laws were enforced, half the legislators
would be behind bars. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old July 28th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Me Me is offline

In article ,
Cecil Moore wrote:

Richard Clark wrote:
Consider the source, how many of our "legislator's" have actually
stood in arms under that flag? Half their constituency would be
behind bars for desecration if the current laws were enforced.

If the current laws were enforced, half the legislators
would be behind bars. :-)

If current Laws we enforced, half the population would be behind bars,
and the other half would be guarding them...........

Me
Old July 30th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Old July 30th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Bill Turner wrote:
QST quit doing April fool articles for a long time, the cowards, but I
see they are slowly edging back into it.

QEX is making up for it. From the May/June issue:
"I wish to emphasize the fact that the forward
and reverse waves really do not exist separately, ..."
That's why radar doesn't work.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old July 30th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I also remeber the Scratchfasti Hatchi column in QST in the 50's!

news
wrote:

Back in the '50's, Larsen E. Rapp got me with one of those
articles.

One of my favorite Rapp articles was the one about digging a trench,
filling it with water and using it as a reflector.

QST quit doing April fool articles for a long time, the cowards, but I
see they are slowly edging back into it.

I miss Larson!

Bill, W6WRT

The Long and Thin Vertical Loop Antenna. [ The Non-Resonance Vertical with a Difference ] RHF Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 06:03 PM
Grounding Steve Rabinowitz Shortwave 31 December 14th 05 05:26 AM
Question is 'it' a Longwire {Random Wire} Antenna -or- Inverted "L" Antenna ? RHF Shortwave 5 November 6th 05 04:52 AM
WHY - The simple Random Wire Antenna is better than the Dipole Antenna for the Shortwave Listener (SWL) RHF Shortwave 15 September 13th 05 08:28 AM
The "TRICK" to TV 'type' Coax Cable [Shielded] SWL Loop Antennas {RHF} RHF Antenna 27 November 3rd 04 01:38 PM