Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 15th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Stuck Slug in HQ-145

I have just about finished restoring and re-calibrating a 47 year old HQ-145. I
have only one issue left.

The input stage for the first rf amplifier uses slug tuned inductances. The slug
adjustments proceeded normally for the BC, 160-80, and 40 meter bands. The slug
for the 20 through 10 meter band is "STUCK".

The inductance is packaged in a typical i.f. can with top and bottom openings.
Does anyone have any 'hints and kinks' for unsticking the slug? BTW, the radio
is operating on 20 meters and responds moderately well to a signal generator on
10 meters. I would just like to peak the response.

Ideas??

/s/ DD, W1MCE

NC-190 RF coil slug stuck JOHN D Boatanchors 7 June 25th 05 08:28 PM
BBC World gets stuck into BPL hype! Stephen Newlyn Shortwave 1 June 15th 05 03:11 PM
Stuck on the right frequency. Mike Lindo Scanner 2 January 1st 04 02:56 PM
Stuck? Jerry Oxendine Policy 10 December 6th 03 05:09 AM
Stuck?? Jerry Oxendine General 3 December 4th 03 09:12 PM