Old December 1st 07, 01:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Tempo one

I am restoring a Tempo one (ricebox boatanchor )transceiver ..It is a
light brown color ,saddle leather color actually..It is original
paint...Question: Were all Tempo one`s this color..or is there
something special about this one.All pictures that I find are black
and aluminum color ..tnx W4PQW
Old December 1st 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

You are correct. There was an early one and a late one.
The black one is the later one...with a solid state module for the
modulator...instead of a particularly hard to find tube.

....Dave

Old December 1st 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Hi:
The tube 7360 RCA found in Argentina.
I Yoiu request private post and send mail for dealer it
Excusme my english poor
REgards
Heriberto
LU6DBU

. ..

Old December 1st 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote in message
I am restoring a Tempo one (ricebox boatanchor )transceiver ..It is a
light brown color ,saddle leather color actually..It is original
paint...Question: Were all Tempo one`s this color..or is there
something special about this one.All pictures that I find are black
and aluminum color ..tnx W4PQW

Pardon the butt-in, but how many 7360's might you need? Seems I have at
least two or three sleeves of them. Are they truly rare or expensive?
One of my old rigs used them but, as far as I recall, I have nothing
that currently uses them... at this time.

Old December 1st 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote in message
I am restoring a Tempo one (ricebox boatanchor )transceiver ..It is a
light brown color ,saddle leather color actually..It is original
paint...Question: Were all Tempo one`s this color..or is there
something special about this one.All pictures that I find are black
and aluminum color ..tnx W4PQW

Pardon the butt-in, but how many 7360's might you need? Seems I have at
least two or three sleeves of them. Are they truly rare or expensive?
One of my old rigs used them but, as far as I recall, I have nothing
that currently uses them... at this time.

I don't know how "rare" they are in the scheme of things, but this
has been discussed here in the past.

The 7360 was really useful for some things, and since it was a specialty
tube, not so useful as a general purpose tube. Certainly not when
you were paying a premium for the specialty tube.

I gather it was relatively expensive at the time, and wasn't found in
general consumer electronic equipment. I know there were articles at
the time pointing out that there were cheaper tubes that did the
same thing, used in tv sets (for demodulating the color information).
Once something sees common use in a piece of consumer electronics, the
price is bound to drop.

It's over forty years since the tube was in its prime. So the only
use for the tubes at this point is to keep old equipment going. Surely
there's been attrition, as people toss out things they'll never use and
even die and the relatives toss it out.

I don't know where that leaves things. Because there may be enough
tubes hoarded from back then to keep all the equipment that is still used
that uses them going, since the amount of equipment that used them in
the first place was a nice finite number, and most of that has gone
out of use (and likely a good percentage of it has been tossed).

Michael VE2BVW

Old December 11th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

There was three colors. Light Brown, white, and the last were black.
Dave K4JRB

wrote in message
I am restoring a Tempo one (ricebox boatanchor )transceiver ..It is a
light brown color ,saddle leather color actually..It is original
paint...Question: Were all Tempo one`s this color..or is there
something special about this one.All pictures that I find are black
and aluminum color ..tnx W4PQW

HELP..TEMPO RBF-1 [email protected] Boatanchors 3 August 29th 09 01:45 PM
FS Tempo 2020 Charlie Hugg Boatanchors 0 December 5th 04 04:03 AM
Need help with Tempo VHF/One K5DH Equipment 0 March 29th 04 03:08 PM
Need help with Tempo VHF/One K5DH Equipment 0 March 29th 04 03:08 PM
FA: Tempo S1 VHF w/DTMF Jimmy Mac Swap 0 March 21st 04 07:03 PM