Old December 11th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap

Default NAVSHIPS 0967-063-2010 Manual Reprints Available

Hi Gang:

In 1996 I produced some half-decent copies of the 1970 Navy NAVSHIPS
manual for the R-390A.

The originals are pretty well much unobtanium. It is my understanding
that the NAVY required the old issues to be turned in and they are
destroyed. I got my hands on an original and made the copies from it.

I recently found two of the copies I made back in 1996 and since I now
have an original I am offering them up to members of this august
group. The cost will be $35.00 plus postage. If I get a number of
orders I will consider doing another print run. This is very
time-consuming as you can imagine but am willing to do it because the
NAVY manual is BY FAR the best technical reference available for the
R-390A. It is NOT a rehash of the Army/Air Force manual set.

If interested please reply by e-mail.

73,

Michael, W1RC

w1rc*at*verizon*dot*net

Old December 11th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap

wrote:
Hi Gang:

In 1996 I produced some half-decent copies of the 1970 Navy NAVSHIPS
manual for the R-390A.

The originals are pretty well much unobtanium. It is my understanding
that the NAVY required the old issues to be turned in and they are
destroyed. I got my hands on an original and made the copies from it.

I recently found two of the copies I made back in 1996 and since I now
have an original I am offering them up to members of this august
group. The cost will be $35.00 plus postage. If I get a number of
orders I will consider doing another print run. This is very
time-consuming as you can imagine but am willing to do it because the
NAVY manual is BY FAR the best technical reference available for the
R-390A. It is NOT a rehash of the Army/Air Force manual set.

An original is a nice thing to have, but a copy always loses something
in the translation. For those that need a truly better than original
manual, look into:

"The 21st Century R-390A/URR Technical Reference"

It is based on the May 1985 Navy manual, and has many enhancements.

It is a completely new creation, not a copy, or a scan. It is
available in pdf format, and has many new color pictures. It is
truly a work of art.

And it can be found free by simply googling the above title.

-Chuck
Old December 11th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap

Chuck Harris wrote:
wrote:
[...]

The manual you reference prints out extremely well. The only exception
would be the schematics. They've been reduced (sectionally) to fit
(nicely) on to single pages. But, nothing like the real McCoy when they
can be found. If the listed reprints have regular, fold out schematics,
that would be a good deal, too.

Old December 11th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap

In article ,
Chuck Harris writes:
wrote:
[...]

Which returns nothing. How about just providing the URL?

bill
KB3YV
(Who would love to get his R390 working again if for only sentimental
reasons -- I spent many years using them for real communication in an
AN/GRC-26D van on the back of a 2 1/2 ton truck both in the US and in
Germany!!)

| and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton |
Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include std.disclaimer.h
Old December 11th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap

Bill Gunshannon wrote:

And it can be found free by simply googling the above title.

Which returns nothing. How about just providing the URL?

Since you asked so nicely:

http://www.hausernet.com/r390a/

-Chuck

Old December 11th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap

Bill Gunshannon wrote:

"The 21st Century R-390A/URR Technical Reference"

It is based on the May 1985 Navy manual, and has many enhancements.

It is a completely new creation, not a copy, or a scan. It is
available in pdf format, and has many new color pictures. It is
truly a work of art.

And it can be found free by simply googling the above title.

Which returns nothing. How about just providing the URL?

How silly of them, they didn't include the title of the manual
in their website!

This google search works:

R-390A New Y2K Manual

-Chuck
Old December 11th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap

In article ,
Chuck Harris writes:
Bill Gunshannon wrote:

And it can be found free by simply googling the above title.

Which returns nothing. How about just providing the URL?

Since you asked so nicely:

http://www.hausernet.com/r390a/

Thank you very much. More holiday reading.

bill
KB3YV

ICF 2010 FRANK PIERCE Shortwave 2 September 5th 07 09:16 PM
Wanted: Sony 2010 owner's manual Fred Zimring Shortwave 4 September 8th 04 08:31 PM
2010 76 mhz - 108 mhz ??? Bill E Shortwave 3 July 3rd 04 05:29 AM
ICF-2010 Steve Cooper Shortwave 0 April 30th 04 11:46 AM
Looking For a manual for the PRO-2010 from Radioshack Frank346 Scanner 2 November 15th 03 07:47 AM