Old July 2nd 04, 04:32 AM
Bill E

Default 2010 76 mhz - 108 mhz ???

Does anyone know if it's possible to modify a 2001d to receive 76/108
mhz ? I've got one that just receives 88/108 mhz !

Old July 2nd 04, 09:15 PM
Volker Tonn

Bill E schrieb:

Does anyone know if it's possible to modify a 2001d to receive 76/108
mhz ? I've got one that just receives 88/108 mhz !

It should be possible.
I ran over some frequency mods some time ago when I wanted some
information on my own 2001D (export version).
This has full coverage 150-29999khz on SW and 75 to 108 Mhz on FM, also
has the "air" button to listen to flight traffic in AM mode 118 - 130 Mhz.
Maybe you have the european/ german version or the middle east version
without the "air"-button? In this case the "air"-band is out of range.
For google search you may include 'icf-2010' wich is the us-version of
the 2001D.
www.mods.dk may be a good point to start....

Old July 3rd 04, 03:35 AM
John Crabtree

Bill E on 7/1/04 wrote:

Does anyone know if it's possible to modify a 2001d to receive 76/108
mhz ? I've got one that just receives 88/108 mhz !

The answer is yes, it is possible. You have to remove a solder bridge on the
keyboard PCB.

If you do not have a service manual, then join the icf2010 group at yahoo
groups
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/icf2010/
and download the service manual.

While you are doing this you might want to check that you have full LW and SW
coverage.

HTH and I will happily answer any questions off list.

73 John KC0GGH

John Crabtree
Old July 3rd 04, 05:29 AM
Bill E

On 03 Jul 2004 02:35:52 GMT, (John Crabtree) wrote:

Bill E
on 7/1/04 wrote:

Does anyone know if it's possible to modify a 2001d to receive 76/108
mhz ? I've got one that just receives 88/108 mhz !

The answer is yes, it is possible. You have to remove a solder bridge on the
keyboard PCB.

If you do not have a service manual, then join the icf2010 group at yahoo
groups
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/icf2010/
and download the service manual.

While you are doing this you might want to check that you have full LW and SW
coverage.

HTH and I will happily answer any questions off list.

73 John KC0GGH

John Crabtree

Thanks for the replies. B EVHRT

CHEAP SONY 2010 REPAIR Smokey Shortwave 23 March 28th 04 03:48 PM
Sony 2010 help please Rob R. Shortwave 6 February 4th 04 11:45 PM
WTB: Sony 2010, SW8, Lowe 150 Chris Dorn Shortwave 0 January 31st 04 11:50 PM
Opinions pls: Sony 2010 or Sony SW07 Rob R. Shortwave 2 January 2nd 04 12:01 PM
How much should I pay for a new sony 2010? tlin Shortwave 3 November 24th 03 09:01 AM