Old March 16th 08, 10:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Reception Set R109

"Jim" wrote in message
There are a few 6V vibrators for sale on QTH.COM, look
in the tubes, etc. That's a early cold war spy set, is that
correct? Outstanding performer on receive and transmit,
it will literally load into the proverbial wet noodle.
I have a complete set, but never did try to find the vibrator
for the empty socket.

Jim, its not a cold war spy set, it's just a British military receiver that
uses directly heated tubes (ARP12's and AR8's) .
Thanks for the info on the vibrator.

Old April 12th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

In article ,
"Theo" wrote:

Looking for a 6V 4-pin vibrator and vibrator transformer for the Reception
Set R109.
Would appreciate any help or assistance to locate these items.

Unfortunately, the "partly stripped" R109 that a friend has is lacking
the entire power supply module, so no luck there. (Also, he's planning
to restore it, though that may mean something a little more modern in
the way of a power unit since there's nothing ther to refurbish.)

Once it stops raining (with occasional showers of hail) I'll photograph
the supply unit in my R109.

Chris.

--
"Heisenberg may have slept here." -- BSD fortune file
"Actually, we have scientifically determined that Heisenberg did indeed

fm reception adam214 Shortwave 3 January 20th 06 07:28 AM
Getting better reception... OregonJR Dx 4 September 11th 04 05:56 PM
Getting better reception... OregonJR Dx 0 September 8th 04 06:23 PM
Reception in a tin can ElMalo Digital 12 August 29th 03 04:49 PM
Reception in a tin can ElMalo Digital 0 August 28th 03 05:24 PM