Old November 28th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default 3599 Vintage Calling Frequency

Since making my original post I have read and appreciate all the comments
made in response to that
posting. Thank you all for taking time to "weigh in." I too regret that the
thread went nuts but such is
the demeanor of so many things here on the Internet.

Since posting my suggestion of using 3599 as a vintage equipment calling
frequency I have listened
extensively and am happy to report the following:

Johnson Adventurer
1929 MOPA (Type 203A driven by Type 10Y)
EICO 720
Heath DX-60
Johnson Viking 2
Johnson Ranger
ELMAC AF-67
Harvey Wells Bandmaster
WRL Globe King
WRL Globe Scout
Hallicrafters HT-32
Hallicrafters HT-46
Swan 350
Collins 32V-3
Knight T-60

Not bad for only one week's listening!

Of those, surprisingly, approximately 1/3 stated that they were using
crystals (albeit crystals on 3597, 3598 as well as 3599). One gentlemen who
I worked said that he had a crystal for 3902 but could not use it because
there was
a nightly CW roundtable occupying that frequency. I am familiar with the
guys in that group and suggested he jump in....they'd love to have him.

If you're using a receiver like an SX-28 that permits you to sharpen up
selectivity a bit, the edges of RTTY operation
seem to be contained and permit a nice little spot to find some other
classic station operators.

Thanks to all who have stopped by.

QTX es QRG 3599 DEWA9VLK

Old November 29th 09, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

SX-25 wrote:
Since making my original post I have read and appreciate all the
comments made in response to that posting. Thank you all for taking time to "weigh in." I too regret that
the thread went nuts but such is the demeanor of so many things here on the
Internet.

I have to say I'm sorry, SX-25. I probably should have not joined in the
discussion, as I have some issues with some of what came up. Enjoy your
net. I'm also into old equipment.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Old November 30th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Mike,

You've made some excellent points throughout this thread.

Thanks, too, for your counter opinions. You know, like they say, if two
people agree, one of them
is unnecessary!

Please fire up those vintage rigs, Mike. We've got a lot to talk about
besides the weather and how long we've
been hams and I'll look forward to it.

My best, WA9VLK

3599 kc's John Boatanchors 20 December 27th 09 02:28 PM
CW Boatanchor Calling Frequency ? SX-25 Boatanchors 6 November 25th 09 03:52 PM
2m International calling frequency? Geoffrey S. Mendelson Dx 2 August 6th 08 06:34 PM
SWL -newbies- High Frequency {Shortwave} Time and Frequency StandardRadio Stations RHF Shortwave 5 April 17th 08 07:22 PM
How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on an astronomically-low carrier frequency] Radium[_2_] Shortwave 70 July 21st 07 10:05 PM