Old October 4th 10, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default I guess the site has been spammed again

Oh man...I saw Hot+Sexy and thought someone posted an old restored
tube rig.
So sad...
Debbie AB1IC
Old October 5th 10, 11:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 09:19:52 -0700, ab1ic rearranged some electrons to
say:

Oh man...I saw Hot+Sexy and thought someone posted an old restored tube
rig.
So sad...
Debbie AB1IC

This is Usenet, it isn't a "site".

sigh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September
Old October 5th 10, 01:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitpicking_(pastime)
Old October 6th 10, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Now: Molded Mica Caps

Edmund H. Ramm wrote:

But to get back to the purpose of this newsgroup: Are capacity losses,
e.g. down to 17pF from 50pF, in 50 years old moulded mica condensers a
common failure?

73, Eddi ._._.

I hesitate to say "common" but yes.

Often that failure is caused by the op twisting the cap over while in
place to see whats written on the other side. In American-made molded
micas this often causes the lead to break free from the molding and the
twisting action breaks away a few of the foil connections. Or worse,
twists them into a shorted condition.

-Bill
Old October 6th 10, 11:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 22:59:10 +0000, Edmund H. Ramm rearranged some
electrons to say:

In Bill M
writes:

david wrote:

This is Usenet, it isn't a "site".

sigh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitpicking_(pastime)

No, David is right. Current misconceptions about usenet aren't
something one should let pass by while looking the other way. 20 years
ago AOLers were in desperate need of education, only to be superceded by
google-groupies.

In this case, Yahoo yahoos.

I Guess Again Burr[_2_] Shortwave 1 November 6th 08 02:14 AM
Guess What I Got Burr Shortwave 3 August 29th 08 02:08 AM
Mark why call me a spammer, yet you just spammed the group ten times about me. "Reverse Homophobe Mark Spamming Ahead" Dloyd Lavies[_2_] Policy 1 June 28th 07 03:37 AM
Guess how much Unrevealed Source Shortwave 12 February 22nd 06 05:46 PM
I Guess he's gone Burr Shortwave 2 May 13th 05 06:13 PM