Old October 15th 03, 01:42 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article , "Gene Storey"
writes:

I was excited about the microsats. Then they built this monster satellite
and spent millions on it. I don't know anyone in a 100 miles who uses it.

About 6-10 years ago I heard rumors of a Ham satellite that would use the HF
bands (not VHF/UHF) and pack enough power that we could pick it up on our
dipoles and BA receivers, and work it with a plain old transceiver and wire or
beam antennas.

Did anything like that ever happen? Is that the monster you refer to? I
haven't read QST in years so I don't know what the protocol would be for
accessing the beast.
--Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.

Spectrum Analyzer Bill B. Antenna 9 May 4th 04 03:56 PM
New EM spectrum 31.2 mHz - 6.52 EHz Thierry Antenna 2 March 21st 04 04:31 PM
FS: MOTOROLA VHF SPECTRUM ANTENNA cohenandy Antenna 1 March 12th 04 07:20 PM
FS: VHF Motorola Spectrum mobile antenna in MA cohenandy Antenna 0 March 8th 04 04:24 PM
Virtual ground monopole HF Antenna Radiondistics Antenna 8 February 8th 04 03:29 AM