Old October 19th 03, 08:23 PM
Mike Knudsen

In article , "Frank
Dinger" writes:

ARRL's drive to block the introduction of power line comms in the USA ,by
means of 'competent (engineering) reasoning' ,must be applauded.

It seems to me that the whole concept is flawed. Not that much BW (up to 30
MHz, or 5 cable TV channels), large power levels required to drive anything
into the grid, and a truly ungodly noise environment -- we Hams and SWLs
already know aobut light dimmers, etc. *radiating* from the power lines --
imagine trying to receive a signal *on* those lines.

OK, there are wireless intercoms and baby monitors and Plug-N-Power controlelrs
that use your house lines, but anything bigger feels to much like salmon
swimming upstream against the laws of common sense engineering. --Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.

Spectrum Analyzer Bill B. Antenna 9 May 4th 04 03:56 PM
New EM spectrum 31.2 mHz - 6.52 EHz Thierry Antenna 2 March 21st 04 04:31 PM
FS: MOTOROLA VHF SPECTRUM ANTENNA cohenandy Antenna 1 March 12th 04 07:20 PM
FS: VHF Motorola Spectrum mobile antenna in MA cohenandy Antenna 0 March 8th 04 04:24 PM
Virtual ground monopole HF Antenna Radiondistics Antenna 8 February 8th 04 03:29 AM