Old February 5th 04, 11:51 PM
-Rev Jones

Default SCAM SCAM SCAM !

SCAM SCAM SCAM !!!
Subject: FS:Antenna Packag
Isn't this the same guy/group thats always looking for
handouts ?
Beg on month, FS: the nest month on another NG
This is absolutly discusting , does Anbody remember this posting?

=================
Subject: AMATEUR EQUIPMENT DONATION NEEDED

Newsgroups: rec.radio.swap
Date: 2004-01-23 06:22:39 PST

Long Island Mobile Amateur Radio Club (LIMARC), is looking for DONATIONS
of "Ham" gear, like triband beams, rigs, and towers, to be used for our
Emergency Communication Stations, and Field Day.
If you have any old equipment that you're not using anymore, and would
like to donate it to our cause, we will make sure that you get a nice
letter,
being that we have 503 c(3) status with the I.R.S. ,for a tax deduction,
from
our club. We really need your help, so please try to assist us in any way
that you
can.

On 02 Feb 2004 22:34:55 GMT, (N2ION) wrote:

ANTENNA PACKAGE FOR SALE

1-KLM 2M-20LBX(20 ELEMENTS ON 2M,

1-KLM 220-22LBX(22 ELEMENTS ON 220)

4-KLM 432-30LBX(30 ELEMENTS X4 ON UHF)

4-KLM 1.2-44LBX(44 ELEMENTS X4 ON 1.2GHZ)

1-KLM 17M 3 EL BEAM(3 ELEMENTS ON 17M)

ASKING $1,300 PLUS SHIPPING(PREFER PICKUP)FOR ENTIRE PACKAGE

Good luck!

Old February 6th 04, 12:25 AM
- - Bill - -

-Rev Jones wrote:
SCAM SCAM SCAM !!!
Isn't this the same guy/group thats always looking for
handouts ?
Beg on month, FS: the nest month on another NG
This is absolutly discusting , does Anbody remember this posting?

=================

I recall the PS 22 folk (WB2JKJ?) in NY doing this for the past 20-30
years. I have no problem with them soliciting junk gear then selling
off the surplus to support a legitimate radio club.
I mean, really. How many old wattmeters and keyers can a club use? The
person donating gets their write-off and kudos...the club gets to pick
thru the best of the lot...and the remainder goes back to the market to
pay the lights and rent for the club.
Could easily be a scam but thats not my first assumption. If you've
ever managed the finances for a radio club you'd know how it works.
You're not gonna find many 10-12 year old newbies to pay $25 per year
club dues just trying to get themselves involved in the hobby.

-BillM

Old February 6th 04, 11:21 PM
Thinker

"-Rev Jones" wrote in message
SCAM SCAM SCAM !!!
Isn't this the same guy/group thats always looking for
handouts ?
Beg on month, FS: the nest month on another NG
This is absolutly discusting , does Anbody remember this posting?

Are you a real minister? If not then YOU are pulling a scam!

Newsgroups: rec.radio.swap

Date: 2004-01-23 06:22:39 PST

[...]

Superskyhooks antenna scam zerobeat Antenna 0 October 2nd 04 05:12 PM
Superskyhooks antenna scam Steveo Antenna 0 October 1st 04 01:53 PM
Scam Scam Scam ! -Rev Jones Antenna 3 February 10th 04 08:47 PM
SX-88 Scam on Ebay? Brian Hill Boatanchors 2 August 7th 03 11:03 PM