Old November 24th 05, 12:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default fresh boatanchors, anyone?

All,

I've occasionally seen homebrew tube transceivers on Ebay that range
from really good to too gnarly looking to seem safe. I am thinking of
creating a line of clean-looking, attractive, rugged tube equipment for
casual or missionary use with a reasonable price/output performance
that is easy to repair and adjust, based on schematics and design
principles that have gone into the public domain.

Would there be an audience? Comments?

The Eternal Squire

Old November 24th 05, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Uncle Peter

wrote in message

Interesting concept... But, there doesn't appear to be a dearth
of readily available decent boatachor gear. I'm not sure how
much of a market there would be? How much would the gear
cost, what would it do, etc? Sounds like a labor of love!

Pete

Old November 24th 05, 02:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Lazy Senior

Uncle Peter wrote:

Unfortunately cheap computers usually use properietary
motherboards. Being lazy carries a price beyond the tag.

You know as much about computers as you do BA or hamradio. My HP, the
one I am typing on right now has an off the shelf non- prop Asus
motherboard. A ATI Radeon graphic card etc.Built by HP and bought at
Best Buy.

Since I maintained computers for a living for over 30 years, I suspect I
know more than the average person about them and since you are stupider
than average I know a WHOLE lot more than you when it comes to computers.

Anyway there isnt anything wrong with propreitary motherboards.
Laptops are outselling desktops right now and they are all properietary
and they work just fine.

Lazy Senior

Old November 24th 05, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Lazy Senior

Beerbarrel wrote:

hahaha....that's funny and it fits the poster really well. Building
computers in really a misnomer. Anyone can thown a few pc cards
together and flip a power switch. Maybe they should try building the
cards from scratch.

Gosh I must really bug you

Lazy Senior
Old November 24th 05, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Uncle Peter

"Lazy Senior" wrote in message
Uncle Peter wrote:

Unfortunately cheap computers usually use properietary
motherboards. Being lazy carries a price beyond the tag.

Since I maintained computers for a living for over 30 years, I suspect

know more than the average person about them and since you are stupider
than average I know a WHOLE lot more than you when it comes to computers.

Anyway there isnt anything wrong with propreitary motherboards.
Laptops are outselling desktops right now and they are all properietary
and they work just fine.

Lazy Senior

And, you're full of crap, too! Lazy, and full of crap.. A terrible way to
go through life! Where did I say they "didn't work"? Learn how
to read. You have no clue go play with your $389 wonder.

Pete

Old November 24th 05, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Lazy Senior

Uncle Peter wrote:

And, you're full of crap, too! Lazy, and full of crap.. A terrible way to
go through life! Where did I say they "didn't work"? Learn how
to read. You have no clue go play with your $389 wonder.

Pete

I guess I bug you too.

Lazy Senior

Old November 24th 05, 02:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Steve

How about offering these as kits? Maybe even offering them
with or without tubes? If you're able to keep the cost low I
think you have a shot.

Steve

oups.com...