Old May 13th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Jump'n Jack Flash

Default Tube tester

I am looking to buy a heathkit tube tester. Can anyone enlighten me on the
order of model number. Is TC1 the earliest and the TC2, TC3, and finally
TC17 and or is there major differences in the models. I can't seem to fine
any catalog info on these.
Thanks

Old May 13th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chuck Harris

Jump'n Jack Flash wrote:
I am looking to buy a heathkit tube tester. Can anyone enlighten me on the
order of model number. Is TC1 the earliest and the TC2, TC3, and finally
TC17 and or is there major differences in the models. I can't seem to fine
any catalog info on these.
Thanks

Did you want the Heathkit for a collection, or to use?

The reason I ask, is the Heathkit is an emissions tester, and as a result,
doesn't actually test anything but the cathode of the tube, and to check for
shorts.

Any of the Hickok machines would be a much better choice. They are all dynamic
mutual conductance (Gm) testers... (But then, with a used Heathkit, you do get
the added advantage of having a unit that was soldered by a hobbyist;-)

-Chuck
Old May 13th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chris Suslowicz

In article ,
Chuck Harris wrote:

Jump'n Jack Flash wrote:
I am looking to buy a heathkit tube tester.

Did you want the Heathkit for a collection, or to use?

The reason I ask, is the Heathkit is an emissions tester, and as a result,
doesn't actually test anything but the cathode of the tube, and to check for
shorts.

Any of the Hickok machines would be a much better choice. They are all dynamic
mutual conductance (Gm) testers... (But then, with a used Heathkit, you do get
the added advantage of having a unit that was soldered by a hobbyist;-)

So *that* explains the high prices of the unbuilt Heathkit projects on eBay!

Truly things /are/ stranger than we can imagine.

8-)

Chris.

Old May 14th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Beerbarrel

On Sat, 13 May 2006 23:42:53 GMT, "Jump'n Jack Flash"
wrote:

Good Point. What is a good model of Hickok?
"Chuck Harris" wrote in message
.. .
Jump'n Jack Flash wrote:
[...]

Get yourself a tv-7 series...military. They are on Ebay quite often.

KE4ODD

It’s Christianity vs. Islam. Let’s get this party started!

Old May 14th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chuck Harris

My favorite would be the 539C. It is well sought after, so the prices
tend to be high. The 539 A and B are great too, just older. The 750,
and 752 are nice too, as is the 600.

For a complete list with some history, try:

http://6007.us/

-Chuck Harris

Jump'n Jack Flash wrote:
[...]

F.S. EICO 667 Tube Tester Kb2rev Equipment 0 March 12th 04 10:31 PM
F.S. EICO 667 Tube Tester Kb2rev Equipment 0 March 12th 04 10:31 PM
Tube tester query? k3hvg Boatanchors 4 February 2nd 04 01:47 AM
FS: Jackson 648 Tube Tester A F Four Kilo Boatanchors 0 January 11th 04 11:46 AM
FS Hickok Cardmatic Tube Tester ac5tx Swap 1 July 27th 03 07:05 PM