Old August 25th 03, 03:08 AM
Don Forsling

Yes, Dr. Lyons it was as sponsor of the "Manhattan Merry-Go-Round" where the
"songs were sung so clearly you can understand every word and sing them
yourself." The show ended in 1949.

The "Fitch Bandwagon" show ran for ten years on NBC (ending in 1948) sort of
morphing into a situation comedy show by the end. The theme, however, was
always--

Laugh a-while, Let a Song be your style,
Use Fitch Shampoo!
Don't despair, Use your head, save your hair,
Use Fitch Shampoo!

Don Forsling

"Iowa--Gateway to Those Big Rectangular States"

wrote in message ...
"Songs sung so clearly that you can understand every word and sing right
along."

Actually Manhatton Merry-Go-Round sponsored by Dr. Lyon's tooth paste and
Dr. Lyon's tooth powder.

Norm Lehfeldt

"R J Carpenter" wrotf:

"Rich Wood" wrote in message
On 22 Aug 2003 18:50:31 GMT, "R J Carpenter"
wrote:

You children don't seem to remember the "Fitch Bandwagon" from the

late
30s
/ early 40s. Songs were "sung so clearly you can understand every

word".

Old August 26th 03, 03:22 PM
Rich Wood

On 24 Aug 2003 00:43:52 GMT, "R J Carpenter"
wrote:

You're too young to remember when skilled people wrote lyrics - Ira
Gershwin, Cole Porter. Irving Berlin and the whole lot. For your musical
education of that period I'd suggesting listening to XM-4 ;-))

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love being called too young.
However, I have to confess that I spent many early years of my career
programming Easy Listening both on the station level and in
syndication. I was creative Chairman of the International Beautiful
Music Association. We recorded Easy Listening material when the supply
started to dry up.

I wasn't alive when they were writing it, but made a good living
spreading it around.

Rich

Old August 26th 03, 08:02 PM
R J Carpenter

wrote:

You're too young to remember when skilled people wrote lyrics - Ira
Gershwin, Cole Porter. Irving Berlin and the whole lot. For your musical
education of that period I'd suggesting listening to XM-4 ;-))

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love being called too young.
However, I have to confess that I spent many early years of my career
programming Easy Listening both on the station level and in
syndication. I was creative Chairman of the International Beautiful
Music Association. We recorded Easy Listening material when the supply
started to dry up.

I wasn't alive when they were writing it, but made a good living
spreading it around.

But wasn't that mostly done without the vocals??

You see, I'm too old to remember and you're to young..... :-((

Old August 29th 03, 12:58 AM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article , Rich Wood wrote:
Initially, it was entirely instrumental. One day I got a call from Jim
Schulke of Schulke Radio Productions asking me to recommend 100 vocals

I'd LOVE to get me some of those tapes. I've always been a big fan of the
BM/E-Z format. What happened to all that music and those companies?

Wish that stuff were for sale somewhere.

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Old August 31st 03, 11:05 PM
Michael

Simple Just use C-QUAM AM Stereo and everybody benefits -no new radios
required,better sound quality on existing analogue radios and of
course high quality stereo on AMS radios and more cost effective to
implement.
Michael

Old August 31st 03, 11:08 PM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article , David Eduardo wrote:
Muzak and similar providers of ambient music continue to program Beautiful
Music for controlled environments. Any radio stations doing

Correct. I don't have access to Muzak ever since they discontinued
FM-Subcarrier service shortly after the beginning of 2003.

I have Music Choice on home via the cable TV. The BM/EZ channel does
have some new stuff - I think the latest I've heard is light 80s pop
done instrumental. It's not bad at all...

I guess I'll have to stick with the cassette player hooked up to the
cable box. I was just wondering if there was something commercially
available besides 101 Strings.... :-)

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Old August 31st 03, 11:08 PM
WBRW

Muzak and similar providers of ambient music continue to program Beautiful
Music for controlled environments.

There's a fast food restaurant in my area that plays Muzak as the
background music. It is all instrumental versions (absolutely no
vocals) of pop music hits, with somewhat of a "rocky" feel, with
guitars, keyboards, and drums -- unlike what I consider to be
traditional Beautiful Music, which predominantly features lush
orchestral arrangements, heavy on the strings.

Anyway, Muzak has conquered and instrumentalized all sorts of pop
music -- I've even heard them do songs like No Doubt's "Don't Speak",
and they're probably done most of the Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync
hits.

The market share for Muzak has to be dropping, though; it used to be
commonplace in supermarkets, department stores, and restaurants, but
now all but the most "snooty" establishments (where vocal music would
be seen as "inappropriate") have replaced it with a generic AC-type
format -- which in itself is a whole other discussion, because I've
heard this background-music form of AC play a *much* wider variety of
songs than what you hear on the radio, including many songs which
didn't even make the Top 40 chart, as well as many album tracks which
were never released for radio airplay.

Old September 1st 03, 06:46 PM
David Eduardo

"WBRW" wrote in message
[...]

Muzak, now delivered mostly by satellite, has many, many choices, ranging
form oldies to thematic (Spanish, Mexican, etc.).

Old September 1st 03, 08:21 PM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article , David Eduardo wrote:
Muzak, now delivered mostly by satellite, has many, many choices, ranging
form oldies to thematic (Spanish, Mexican, etc.).

Muzak also delivers some of their formats in disk form. Don't know if they're
standard CDs or MP-3 disks. But knowing Muzak it's probably MP-3
disks...there's a note on the disks that say something to the effect of "for
use only on Muzak equipment." I saw a couple of them lying around on the
counter of a Popeye's Fried Chicken store once.

I'm sure someone with a combi MP3-disk and CD player might be able to take them
for a spin....

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.