Old June 4th 04, 01:32 AM
Larkin

Why would anyone want photograph that woman in the buff? Sex with her?
Ugh!

Old June 5th 04, 12:43 AM
Bob Haberkost

"Rich Wood" wrote in message
On 4 Jun 2004 00:32:09 GMT, (Larkin) wrote:

Why would anyone want photograph that woman in the buff? Sex with her?
Ugh!

If personality doesn't count, she was quite an attractive young woman.
The issue here is not whether or not you find her appealing, it's that
a serious betrayal of trust took place.

No matter how much she and I dislike each other I have to side with
her, in spite of her lying about the pictures being of her.

It was a cruel thing to do.

Rich

Nevertheless, Rich, I was always told when I was growing up (and have continued to
pass on to my kids) that you should never do anything that you might regret later in
life, or if you did, be prepared to accept the consequences of those actions. The
fact that Laura whats-er-name was put into a position of shame (at least as it
relates to her current "moral standards") is a fitting result in counterpoint to her
excessive hypocracy. "Don't do as I did, just do what I say" is exactly the reason
why so many kids end up regretting the consequences of their actions, since it's
natural for them to do precisely what they're told not to do.

There's better ways to raise kids (not that this applies here....I can't imagine any
self-respecting teen would listen to Schlessinger) but the idea that she can sit in
judgement of those who may not share her newly-acquired morality is why, in this
case, humiliation can be good.

There must always be the appearance of lawfulness....especially when the law's being
broken.
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

Old June 6th 04, 05:47 AM
Rich Wood

On 4 Jun 2004 23:43:32 GMT, "Bob Haberkost"
wrote:

There's better ways to raise kids (not that this applies here....I can't imagine any
self-respecting teen would listen to Schlessinger) but the idea that she can sit in
judgement of those who may not share her newly-acquired morality is why, in this
case, humiliation can be good.

I'm sure most of us have done something in our pasts that would be
humiliating to us today, at least in some circumstances. While I said
I felt it was a tremendous betrayal of trust, that doesn't mean I
didn't enjoy seeing her lie and try and squirm out of it . I love
seeing hypocrisy get sideswiped by Karma.

As I've said many times before, anyone who makes life changing
decisions based on what a Talk Show host tells them deserves
everything they get. Talk Radio is entertainment, not therapy.

Rich

Old June 8th 04, 12:24 AM
Scott Dorsey

Rich Wood wrote:

As I've said many times before, anyone who makes life changing
decisions based on what a Talk Show host tells them deserves
everything they get. Talk Radio is entertainment, not therapy.

Well, I quit my job based on a what a talk show host told me, and it was
the best thing I ever did. I'll never have to listen to him shouting about
that crappy Sparta console ever again.
--scott

So Much For THAT Rant.... Steve Robeson K4CAP Policy 74 June 15th 04 05:40 AM
Who IS Roger Wiseman And Why Is He Angry? JJ Policy 4 May 19th 04 04:08 AM
Angry Stebie! Len Over 21 Policy 2 January 22nd 04 08:31 PM
Rant Michael A. Terrell Homebrew 17 October 24th 03 04:42 AM
Another Self-Humiliating LenniRiffic Rant Leo Policy 52 October 6th 03 04:39 PM