Old November 27th 04, 11:45 PM
Jenny

Default FS: Comstream ABR-202 Satellite Receiver Not $899, but $595

Hi,

I noticed another FS posting in rec.radio.broadcasting and since it IS
radio equipment for sale, I believe this is allowed. If not, please
let me know and I will not post another article with this equipment.

I have seen these receivers for sale on a used radio equipment website
(Bay Country) for $899 used.

http://www.baycountry.com/used_equipment.html

I will sell the one I have for $595 and shipping. It works great, and
looks great. Very gently used. Use Paypal and you can use Paypal Buyer
Credit to pay off over several months if approved. I also would accept
checks/money orders.

Contact me if you have any questions, and thanks. I only have one so
first come, first served.

Old November 28th 04, 06:18 PM
McWebber

"Jenny" wrote in message
Hi,

I noticed another FS posting in rec.radio.broadcasting and since it IS
radio equipment for sale, I believe this is allowed.

Posting for sale in a discussion newsgroup is generally not allowed. If the
word marketing isn't part of the newsgroup name, ads are not supposed to be
posted. Since you're posting from a Level3.com IP, their acceptable use
policy on this is clear: http://www.level3.com/764.html
"Continued posting of off-topic messages, including commercial messages
(unless specifically invited by charter), is prohibited."
I doubt you can find a charter for alt.radio.broadcasting that says
commercial or for sale messages are invited. Absent such a charter, your
ISP's rules would prohibit them.

--
McWebber
No email replies read

Old November 28th 04, 06:18 PM
Steve Sobol

Jenny wrote:

I noticed another FS posting in rec.radio.broadcasting and since it IS
radio equipment for sale, I believe this is allowed. If not, please
let me know and I will not post another article with this equipment.

The consensus in rrb from the regulars seems to be that it's ok as long as it's
radio equipment, so I let on-topic FS posts go through.

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /