Old September 20th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Amp Design Concept -- Preliminary

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:09:10 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote in
:

However, know that if FET's
are used for power transistors then most of your 25/100 watt drive
would be wasted.

Come to think of it, that power wouldn't be wasted at all. I just
remembered a neat little power splitter circuit I designed a few years
ago; using that I can tap off a signal for the amp and the rest can be
rectified, filtered, and fed back into the power supply. So nothing is
wasted except in conversion.

Waste not want not.