Old April 11th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Cross field antnnas

There may be a new take on antenna design.

The Cross field antenna is said to have as much as 5db gain over a
traditional quarter wave. It has a bandwidth of 30% of the operating
frequency. It does this all at a height of only 3% of a wavelength.

If made into a CB antenna it would be about one foot tall.

http://www.crossedfieldantenna.com/

http://www.antennex.com/preview/cfa/cfa.htm
Old April 12th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 15:30:50 -0400, tnom wrote:

There may be a new take on antenna design.

The Cross field antenna is said to have as much as 5db gain over a
traditional quarter wave. It has a bandwidth of 30% of the operating
frequency. It does this all at a height of only 3% of a wavelength.

If made into a CB antenna it would be about one foot tall.

http://www.crossedfieldantenna.com/

http://www.antennex.com/preview/cfa/cfa.htm

I've read a few things about cross field antennas and it seems that the
jury is still out whether the things really work as some claim they do.
I'm not really convinced. Yeah you do get a signal from such an antenna
but is the EM wave being generated as the proponents claim or is it due to
some other mechanism. That will take a lot more theory and some very
carefully performed experiments. You would figure if it was so easy and
obvious that in the past 100 plus years of radio it would have been
invented long ago and proved by experiment.

Regards;
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Old April 12th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Apr 11, 2:30 pm, wrote:
There may be a new take on antenna design.

The Cross field antenna is said to have as much as 5db gain over a
traditional quarter wave. It has a bandwidth of 30% of the operating
frequency. It does this all at a height of only 3% of a wavelength.

If made into a CB antenna it would be about one foot tall.

http://www.crossedfieldantenna.com/

http://www.antennex.com/preview/cfa/cfa.htm

Hey smuck, I have a bridge for sale. Interested?

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old April 12th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 12 Apr 2007 04:54:39 -0700, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote:

On Apr 11, 2:30 pm, wrote:
There may be a new take on antenna design.

The Cross field antenna is said to have as much as 5db gain over a
traditional quarter wave. It has a bandwidth of 30% of the operating
frequency. It does this all at a height of only 3% of a wavelength.

If made into a CB antenna it would be about one foot tall.

http://www.crossedfieldantenna.com/

http://www.antennex.com/preview/cfa/cfa.htm

Hey smuck, I have a bridge for sale. Interested?

From what I hear you have a lot of stuff for sale. Most
of which can only be legitimately sold as a doorstop.
How many doorstops do you sell in a year? Two?

You really should go and get a real job. Your mother can't
wait until you save enough money to move out of her
basement.
Old April 13th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

From what I hear you have a lot of stuff for sale. Most
of which can only be legitimately sold as a doorstop.
How many doorstops do you sell in a year? Two?

Hey tschmuck, I've always wondered why you would spend so much of your
time thinking about my business... but you do bring up a valid point.
My sales in the past have not met expectations... so I'm taking your
advice... and stepping up my marketing plan via ebay. Thanks for the
tip.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...Q2delectronics

Old April 13th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 13 Apr 2007 10:54:31 -0700, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote:

From what I hear you have a lot of stuff for sale. Most
of which can only be legitimately sold as a doorstop.
How many doorstops do you sell in a year? Two?

Hey tschmuck, I've always wondered why you would spend so much of your
time thinking about my business... but you do bring up a valid point.
My sales in the past have not met expectations... so I'm taking your
advice... and stepping up my marketing plan via ebay. Thanks for the
tip.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...Q2delectronics

So we can look forward to not being spammed as much on this newsgroup?
Old April 13th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

So we can look forward to not being spammed as much on this newsgroup?

What spam?

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old April 14th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

What ever happened to that "great, short" antenna from the University of Rhode Island?

http://www.uri.edu/news/releases/?id=2659

cross country trip [email protected] Policy 0 August 7th 06 10:46 PM
Tube cross clfe Swap 2 April 21st 06 03:25 AM
Cross-Linked Repeaters? Matt Policy 11 October 18th 05 03:32 PM
How does a "cross needle" swr work? [email protected] Antenna 4 January 27th 05 02:42 PM
Russian transistor cross rob34 Homebrew 2 January 11th 04 05:01 PM