Old July 4th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Learn How VoiceMax Increases Your Transmission Range...

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 05:51:42 -0700, Telspam Electronics
wrote in
. com:

On Jul 3, 7:39 pm, Frank Gilliland wrote:
BTW, when does full production begin? I'm still waiting to buy one so
I can run it through the bench. And too bad about the dismal sales of
your non-linear linears..."LOL".

Frank... I asked you this before and never got a response. Why would
you want to spend your hard-earned money on a device that you believe
doesn't work?

You know why, Brian.

That makes absolutely no sense. Obviously, you know it
does function as advertised.

No, I don't. That's why I want to run it through the bench. The only
thing I'm sure that works is the noise gate, but I still don't see the
point since all it does is shut off the audio when you're not talking
to eliminate ambient noise. And it's that ambient noise that let's the
other guy know that you're still keyed up. A noise gate would make
your radio sound like a cheap speaker phone, or that crappy digital
voice from Comcast. Hey, here's an idea -- when you're done talking,
why not just unkey the mic?

Believe me... I don't need your money. In
fact... if I were to see you ordering one... I wouldn't sell it to
you.

That's ok, I have a few friends that will order it for me.

Old July 5th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 4, 10:37 am, Frank Gilliland
wrote:
No, I don't. That's why I want to run it through the bench. The only
thing I'm sure that works is the noise gate, but I still don't see the
point since all it does is shut off the audio when you're not talking
to eliminate ambient noise. And it's that ambient noise that let's the
other guy know that you're still keyed up. A noise gate would make
your radio sound like a cheap speaker phone, or that crappy digital
voice from Comcast. Hey, here's an idea -- when you're done talking,
why not just unkey the mic?

Well... I still don't know why you would want to bench test something
that you have said doesn't work from day one. But that aside... let's
talk about the significance of the noise gate. Your understanding of
the way the noise gate works is correct. When the audio falls below a
user-defined threshold... the audio mutes. If you stop to think that
the VoiceMax has very high gain in the AGC... you realize that any low-
level background sound will be greatly amplified... up to around
+60dB. Without the noise gate... the hissing and wind noise in the
background between words would be extremely distracting. The
background noise detracts intelligibility from the voice signal. This
blocking of background noise between words helps the vocal clarity of
the transmission. It's really quite effective .. and the audio quality
is excellent. It certainly doesn't sound like a cheap speakerphone.
The speakerphone is quite different as the the person is quite a
distance from the mic in that application. This does present a big
problem... since the S/N ratio in that appliaction is very poor.
That's why speakerphones sound hollow... due to room acoustics... and
many times are choppy on transmit/receive... because of the poor S/N
ratio... and therefore very critical threshold setting. So far there
are eight pre-production units in the field right now. I haven't had
one complaint or problem. I have two installed in both my Cobra19 and
Cobra25 using the stock mic on one... and the Astatic 636L on the
other. They both work like a million bucks. I have the audio of a
power mic... without all the background noise. In my book... that's
the best of both worlds. My on-air experiences so far in the past few
months have substantiated my beliefs that the clarity is enhanced. I
came to that conclusion knowing how much less I've had to repeat
transmissions.

Old July 5th 07, 10:30 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:32:31 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On 04 Jul 2007 04:36:52 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 17:58:51 -0700, Telstar Electronics
wrote in
.com:

On Jul 3, 7:39 pm, Frank Gilliland wrote:
BTW, when does full production begin? I'm still waiting to buy one so
I can run it through the bench. And too bad about the dismal sales of
your non-linear linears..."LOL".

Frank,
I knew you'd show up sooner or later... to spout your rhetorical
nonsense.
You're right on schedule... lol

And it took you less than 20 minutes to reply. But you didn't answer
my question: When are they going into full production? Cause when I
order mine I don't want to wait several months for you to build it. So
do you have them built, in stock, and ready to ship?

He has attempted everything from turn signals to splatter boxes, and
modulators.

No market for any of it.

That's because he just wants to sell something. He doesn't care what
he sells because he thinks he can sell ice to an Eskimo. His marketing
scams might work with his mommy and daddy so he can live in their
basement, but it doesn't work with people who actually want something
that's worth their hard-earned money. Ten years of spamming the group
and he still hasn't figured that out. Not much slope to -his- learning
curve -- linear or not!

Has that creep really been here that long???
Old July 5th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 5, 4:30 am, 777 wrote:
Has that creep really been here that long???

Yes... Frank has been on this group a long time.

Old July 5th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 3, 7:39 pm, Frank Gilliland wrote:
BTW, when does full production begin?

See http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...evelopment.htm
for the latest information and scheduled production release date.

Old July 5th 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 3, 11:36 pm, Steveo wrote:
He has attempted everything from turn signals to splatter boxes, and
modulators.
No market for any of it.

Always good to hear from the hispanic landscaper, Stevarino.
Speaking of designs... how's you RF leafblower project coming?

Old July 5th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Oh, and BTW, did you ever find the schematic for your amp?

http://www.communication-concepts.co...62Sharp300.pdf
Old July 5th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:49:13 -0700, Telstar Electronics
wrote in
. com:

snip
My on-air experiences so far in the past few
months have substantiated my beliefs that the clarity is enhanced. I
came to that conclusion knowing how much less I've had to repeat
transmissions.

That's interesting..... I've been on the air for 30 years and I don't
recall anyone having to repeat their transmissions.... except for a
few idiots with echo boxes or snipped limiters. Regardless, you still
haven't answered my question: When is it going into full production?

Oh, and BTW, did you ever find the schematic for your amp?

Old July 5th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 5, 11:45 am, Scott in Baltimore
wrote:
Oh, and BTW, did you ever find the schematic for your amp?

http://www.communication-concepts.co...62Sharp300.pdf

The schematic for the SkyWave 2879ABTC is certainly not in that
document...

Old July 5th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 5, 11:51 am, Frank Gilliland
wrote:
That's interesting..... I've been on the air for 30 years and I don't
recall anyone having to repeat their transmissions.... except for a
few idiots with echo boxes or snipped limiters. Regardless, you still
haven't answered my question: When is it going into full production?

Well... all I can say is you must not have much "on air" time in those
30 years if you never heard anyone have to repeat their transmission.
And Frank... I answered your question regarding production a couple
posts ago.