Old December 1st 07, 06:25 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default value of a 20 year old Astatic Silver Eagle Mic

Steveo wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 29 Nov 2007 08:40:34 GMT, Steveo wrote in
How much electronics experience do you have, soldering and such?

Just enough to get me in trouble as far as that goes..no problem
soldering up a mic connector as long as I have the pin out.

I almost forgot to ask which antenna's you run, Frank?
Old December 1st 07, 09:54 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 01 Dec 2007 06:25:21 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

Steveo wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 29 Nov 2007 08:40:34 GMT, Steveo wrote in
How much electronics experience do you have, soldering and such?

Just enough to get me in trouble as far as that goes..no problem
soldering up a mic connector as long as I have the pin out.

I almost forgot to ask which antenna's you run, Frank?

A wire in the trees (Voobner was right, just throw a couple wires in
the trees and use a tuner -- works great). I had an A99 but it got
nuked by lightning. I've got a CCD in the attic but haven't hooked it
up for a while. Next spring I plan on building a new mast and hoisting
a vertical CCD just for experimentation.

Aren't you running one of Jay's contraptions?

Old December 1st 07, 10:10 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Steveo wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 29 Nov 2007 08:40:34 GMT, Steveo wrote
in
How much electronics experience do you have, soldering and such?

Just enough to get me in trouble as far as that goes..no problem
soldering up a mic connector as long as I have the pin out.

I almost forgot to ask which antenna's you run, Frank?

A wire in the trees

Good answer

(Voobner was right,

Oh yeah Voob

just throw a couple wires in
the trees and use a tuner -- works great). I had an A99 but it got
nuked by lightning. I've got a CCD in the attic but haven't hooked it
up for a while. Next spring I plan on building a new mast and hoisting
a vertical CCD just for experimentation.

Voobner hooked you up

Aren't you running one of Jay's contraptions?

I'm running the interceptor for a ground plane 37' off the ground, is that
what you call a contraption? It seems to work well.

http://www.a1antennas.com/

Then I have the flatside yagi 80' away from it but it's only about 32' up.
It smokes most antenna's for dx usually, but not always.

Reckon what voobner would use?

FS: Astatic Silver Eagle Magician Swap 0 April 3rd 05 11:54 PM
FA: Rare Astatic D104 Silver Eagle in Mint Condition for $5? Doc Swap 0 December 6th 04 01:36 AM
[ebay][fa] Galaxy Saturn radio with Astatic Silver Eagle mic MORE Tater Schuld CB 0 June 28th 04 02:19 AM
FS:SILVER EAGLE D104 Kb9igg Swap 0 May 5th 04 03:17 AM
FA: Astatic D104 Silver Eagle Tim J. Neff CB 0 January 27th 04 06:07 AM