Old November 24th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default value of a 20 year old Astatic Silver Eagle Mic

Can anyone give me an aproximate value range for a 20 year old Astatic
Silver Eagle Mic? It has not been used in over 10 years, but worked
fine when i last used it. I plan on selling it, but truly have no clue
as to it's value. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old November 24th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

billyg wrote:
Can anyone give me an aproximate value range for a 20 year old Astatic
Silver Eagle Mic? It has not been used in over 10 years, but worked
fine when i last used it. I plan on selling it, but truly have no clue
as to it's value. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Go to ebay and search ended auctions for it. They still draw a decent buck
if it's clean.
Old November 25th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Steveo wrote:
billyg wrote:
Can anyone give me an aproximate value range for a 20 year old Astatic
Silver Eagle Mic? It has not been used in over 10 years, but worked
fine when i last used it. I plan on selling it, but truly have no clue
as to it's value. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Go to ebay and search ended auctions for it. They still draw a decent buck
if it's clean.

Yeah what Steveo said!

I bought a old D104 that needed soldering the base of the mic case to
the threaded do-dad. Its not exactly straight but works great. They
don't make the D104 Mics anymore. So there is a market for them.

Jay in the Mojave
Old November 25th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Steveo wrote:
billyg wrote:
Can anyone give me an aproximate value range for a 20 year old Astatic
Silver Eagle Mic? It has not been used in over 10 years, but worked
fine when i last used it. I plan on selling it, but truly have no clue
as to it's value. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Go to ebay and search ended auctions for it. They still draw a decent
buck if it's clean.

Yeah what Steveo said!

I bought a old D104 that needed soldering the base of the mic case to
the threaded do-dad. Its not exactly straight but works great. They
don't make the D104 Mics anymore. So there is a market for them.

Jay in the Mojave

Hey Jay I just picked up an mc-60 cheap for this kenwood, dude dropped it
off for test and tune. It ain't an electro voice or a heil but i'm getting
good audio reports from it at any rate. (i hit the up/down switch by
mistake if i'm not careful) instead of the key.
Old November 25th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Steveo wrote:

Hey Jay I just picked up an mc-60 cheap for this kenwood, dude dropped it
off for test and tune. It ain't an electro voice or a heil but i'm getting
good audio reports from it at any rate. (i hit the up/down switch by
mistake if i'm not careful) instead of the key.

Hello Steveo:

Yeah those MC60 mics are good mics. I had one and it sounded like
broadcast quality audio. If you can get our hands on a Sure 444 those
also great mic's. Yeah you will be taking to the space shuttle if your
not careful.

I used old Motorola commercial Mics, modified to high impedance output,
with push button switchs for the up and down function. A lot of work but
it made the Motorola Radios sound great on SSB.

Jay in the Mojave

Old November 25th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:13:42 -0800, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

|Yeah those MC60 mics are good mics. I had one and it sounded like
|broadcast quality audio. If you can get our hands on a Sure 444 those
|also great mic's. Yeah you will be taking to the space shuttle if your
|not careful.

|------------------

The Shure 444D is a very excellent microphone. By the way I talked to
the Space Shuttle (STS-9) over 20 yrs ago.

james
Old November 27th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

|------------------

The Shure 444D is a very excellent microphone. By the way I talked to
the Space Shuttle (STS-9) over 20 yrs ago.

james

James tell about your contact with the Shuttle. What equip ant ect

Jay in the Mojave
Old November 27th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:12:39 -0800, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

|james wrote:
| On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:13:42 -0800, Jay in the Mojave
| wrote:
|
| |Yeah those MC60 mics are good mics. I had one and it sounded like
| |broadcast quality audio. If you can get our hands on a Sure 444 those
| |also great mic's. Yeah you will be taking to the space shuttle if your
| |not careful.
| |
| |------------------
|
| The Shure 444D is a very excellent microphone. By the way I talked to
| the Space Shuttle (STS-9) over 20 yrs ago.
|
| james
|
|James tell about your contact with the Shuttle. What equip ant ect
|
|Jay in the Mojave

|---------------------

I beleive it was a Motorola MX-300 handheld 5 watt unit into a four
element crossed yagi set up for circular polarization. It was a
duplicate of the same radio that flew on STS-9. It also helped to have
the one frequency that nobody in the amatuer community knew about
other than us at the club and those at Newington Conn. (home of the
ARRL). We had essentially a clear frequency to the shuttle and Dr.
Garriot.

james
Old November 28th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Steveo wrote:

Hey Jay I just picked up an mc-60 cheap for this kenwood, dude dropped
it off for test and tune. It ain't an electro voice or a heil but i'm
getting good audio reports from it at any rate. (i hit the up/down
switch by mistake if i'm not careful) instead of the key.

Hello Steveo:

Yeah those MC60 mics are good mics. I had one and it sounded like
broadcast quality audio. If you can get our hands on a Sure 444 those
also great mic's.

Hi Jay, yeah I've heard those Shure mics on the air and they have a nice
sound too. Microphones are a strange bird, what sounds good on one radio
may sound like crap on another. Heil makes a good sounding mic too imo. I'm
happy with this mc-60 so far..but I'm always looking for better audio, you
know how it goes..

Yeah you will be taking to the space shuttle if your
not careful.

Ya never know who may say hello next. I'm lucky over here, we have a gaggle
of local guys on SSB so there's almost always someone to rag chew with.

I used old Motorola commercial Mics, modified to high impedance output,
with push button switchs for the up and down function. A lot of work but
it made the Motorola Radios sound great on SSB.

Jay in the Mojave

Hey that's kinda slick too, sometimes you can find those for cheap too.
Old November 29th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 28 Nov 2007 23:22:25 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Steveo wrote:

Hey Jay I just picked up an mc-60 cheap for this kenwood, dude dropped
it off for test and tune. It ain't an electro voice or a heil but i'm
getting good audio reports from it at any rate. (i hit the up/down
switch by mistake if i'm not careful) instead of the key.

Hello Steveo:

Yeah those MC60 mics are good mics. I had one and it sounded like
broadcast quality audio. If you can get our hands on a Sure 444 those
also great mic's.

Hi Jay, yeah I've heard those Shure mics on the air and they have a nice
sound too. Microphones are a strange bird, what sounds good on one radio
may sound like crap on another. Heil makes a good sounding mic too imo. I'm
happy with this mc-60 so far..but I'm always looking for better audio, you
know how it goes..

The two things to watch are impedance and output level. You need a mic
with an output impedance that is equal to, or lower than, the input
impedance of the radio. The Shure 444D and some other mics let you
switch between low and high impedance outputs to better match the
radio. As for the mic's output level, if it's fixed then you need to
adjust the mic gain to match the mic. Note that high impedance mics
generally have high output levels, and low impedance mics have low
output levels. So if you want to use a low impedance mic with a radio
that wants a high impedance mic, you may need either an impedance
transformer or a mic pre-amp to get the level high enough for the
radio to use.

Sometimes I don't explain things very well, so if you got lost then
let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

FS: Astatic Silver Eagle Magician Swap 0 April 3rd 05 11:54 PM
FA: Rare Astatic D104 Silver Eagle in Mint Condition for $5? Doc Swap 0 December 6th 04 01:36 AM
[ebay][fa] Galaxy Saturn radio with Astatic Silver Eagle mic MORE Tater Schuld CB 0 June 28th 04 02:19 AM
FS:SILVER EAGLE D104 Kb9igg Swap 0 May 5th 04 03:17 AM
FA: Astatic D104 Silver Eagle Tim J. Neff CB 0 January 27th 04 06:07 AM