Old August 25th 08, 07:15 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Mounting an Antron 99 in a tricky spot. HELP!

Greetings, Group!
I have a question and I hope you nice folx can help me out. I've been
a CB'er for over 20 years but I'm not a tech so I'd like some advice
on how to mount my Antron 99 in a tricky spot. Here's the situation.
I live in an apartment complex in the end apartment of 3 on the west
side. The peaked roof is about 30-40 feet high and I have power lines
behind the apartment where I plan to mount this thing no less than 20
feet from my back door but they're about 12-15 feet high, that's it.

I want to mount my Antron against the apartment in the back but how?
Don't laugh, I'm not a tech, just a single woman living alone so I
need a simple, push up pole and ground design I can do myself. I can
hire a guy to get on the roof if I must, money ain't a thang. Do I
need to mount it in cement? I'd like something pseudo-permanent that
I can did up and take with when I move. I'm not a nomad but just in
case.

Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated. I need to do this right
the first time. I work constantly and don't have a lot of time to
phuque around with it. Thanks, People!

VooDoo 169
Old August 25th 08, 11:07 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Ron Ron is offline

Back when I had this problem I used a loop of copper wire around the ceiling
of my apartment. I put another loop around the floor around the base boards
for a radial and I was actually able to transmit quite well and didn't cause
any interference to my neighbors televisions.

But I was only runnning 25 watts out.

Old August 25th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

You mentioned a peaked roof, maybe someone could install the antenna on a
channelmaster "Eave Mount". Not much hardware and only a few lags to fasten
it and they work very well, especially for an antenna the size of a 99, Lots
of luck, Rollie

Old August 25th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Rollie wrote:
You mentioned a peaked roof, maybe someone could install the antenna on a
channelmaster "Eave Mount". Not much hardware and only a few lags to fasten
it and they work very well, especially for an antenna the size of a 99, Lots
of luck, Rollie

If it's not too late, ditch the A-99 and go for an I-Max 2000 instead.
Don't waste money on the "ground plane" kit for either antenna.
Old August 28th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
Rollie wrote:

You mentioned a peaked roof, maybe someone could install the antenna
on a channelmaster "Eave Mount". Not much hardware and only a few
lags to fasten it and they work very well, especially for an antenna
the size of a 99, Lots of luck, Rollie

If it's not too late, ditch the A-99 and go for an I-Max 2000 instead.
Don't waste money on the "ground plane" kit for either antenna.

Hey Scott, Don't have either ant's but why bail on the ground plane
kits? Waste of aluminum/money? Thought they provided a measure (albeit
small) of increased power/reception.

Old August 28th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

You mentioned a peaked roof, maybe someone could install the antenna on
a channelmaster "Eave Mount". Not much hardware and only a few lags to
fasten it and they work very well, especially for an antenna the size of
a 99, Lots of luck, Rollie

If it's not too late, ditch the A-99 and go for an I-Max 2000 instead.
Don't waste money on the "ground plane" kit for either antenna.

Hey Scott, Don't have either ant's but why bail on the ground plane kits?
Waste of aluminum/money? Thought they provided a measure (albeit small) of
increased power/reception.

I agree. Everything I have read indicates that the gound plane makes the
antenna less lossy. I provides a return path for the signal. It also
squeezes the signal a bit toward the horizon, resulting in a bit more gain -
meaning that the signal is concentrated in that direction instead of being
wasted by sending some power up.

Ground plane-less antennas are great where no ground plane exists or can
exist, such as on boats or fiberglass vehicles. If a ground plane can
exist, such as on a roof, one should be used.

Old September 4th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"The Dude!" wrote:
[...]

Yep, this guru says the GP kit helps.

http://www.video-observer.com/imax/imax2000.htm
Old September 30th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ickheadwd9.jpg